Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, August 01, 2005
Those who've had a great weekend, please raise your hand!
You’re probably wondering about my weekend…Well, it was AMAZING! Yeah, that’s the word, and I do feel like bragging about it!

Saturday afternoon I left Bucharest along with K., heading to the mountains. Yes, the mountains!!! You heard me right, I did get to spend some times close to nature, breathing fresh air and basically having a great time. On the way there and back, I was the designated photographer and I took hundreds of pictures, not all of them very good, but it really doesn’t matter, I had fun taking them! The best part about this road pictures is that K. has a dolphin in his car, so I am pretty sure these are the only mountain-view pictures featuring a dolphin! Yay, a Pulitzer prize for me, please!

We got to Poiana Brasov at about 9 PM and started looking for a hotel to stay in. Our quest was very difficult: we staid at the first hotel we entered! We rested for about an hour and went to get something to eat at a very nice looking restaurant that totally messed our order, but what can I say, the words “impeccable service” do not apply to Romania that much!

We then headed to a club and danced for two or three hours on great and stupid music as well. I haven’t been dancing for that long since my birthday, I think, and although I didn’t feel the lack of exercise then, my muscle pain reminds me of it right now…

Sunday morning we wanted to get a cable car ride but it wasn’t working! It was under repair…There wasn’t even a hand written note saying when it will work, but hey, who cares about potential customers anyway! So we climbed a little on the sky slope took some more pictures but really weren’t interested in a longer mountain hike because none of us was an expert in what the routes are concerned.

Later on, we went to visit Brasov. My friend Alexandra would kill me if she knew I went there without letting her know (she lives there), but maybe she’ll forgive me! We had ice-cream at this cool looking terrace (bad service, still) and then headed to Sinaia to check if the local cable car was working. Well, it wasn’t. It is however functional starting today…I thought about going there on foot – the mountain-style way – but it was already too late. So we enjoyed the resort, seeing everything there was to see, taking some more pictures, and then headed back to Bucharest.

When I got out of the car, the only thing I was thinking about was “SLEEEEP!!!” although it was 7 PM. But our room was too hot to stay in for some reason, although it rained a bit, so Cris and I went to have a cold drink. With this delay and all, I still fell asleep at about 9 PM and barely got up at 8 this morning.

Soon after I got up, a friend of mine called me from the seaside telling me how much fun they had these past few days. Probably, but not more than I did!

Well, that’s about it, in short anyway! I promise to post some pictures soon, so that you all can be really envious of me!
posted by Alina @ 2:20 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 8/01/2005 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I must raise up my hand also, i think the world is glad that u had a great weekend which u cant fit to any post. But u had a great explanation anyway. Hope your life will go on same with the other weekends!!! :)

     
  • At 8/01/2005 3:03 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thank you, Calliani! I hope your future weekends will be great as mine! :))

     
  • At 8/01/2005 11:41 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    well I didn't have a wonderful weekend, but I liked it :) I spent it with a close friend that I'venot seen in a while.

    " K. has a dolphin in his car"
    How did he do it ?:D

    But really I'm glad that u enjoyed ur time, wish u the best :)

     
  • At 8/02/2005 3:39 AM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    A weekend in the mountains.. that must be wonderful.. still won’t envy you :)

    I’m planning to head to the mountains soon.. just keep it a secret, I don’t want to be envied ;)

     
  • At 8/02/2005 2:01 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Rain, who said it was a "he"? :D And yeah, it was really hard to stuck the dolphin in the car! :))

    Moon, at least I won't envy you, promise!

     
  • At 8/02/2005 2:35 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yeah, stupid me, I did...Yeah, well, nevermind, the mystery is broken, K is a he...

     
  • At 8/02/2005 6:24 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    that was indeed a great weekend, kayla! and hey, don't forget to post the pictures! oki?

    :)

     
  • At 8/03/2005 10:20 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    No, I won't Boks, promise!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.