Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005
TOUCH ME AND YOU'RE A DEAD MAN!
I want to protest against all the silly middle-age workers who instead of repairing the streets or the hostels or whatever, check out every millimeter of every girl’s body. Instead of at least keeping their mouth shut, they also make stupid comments! I wonder, do these guys have daughters? If they do, they’re what? 16, 17? Would they like to see other men looking like that at their daughters and talking like that to them?

How to pass by without getting their attention? Well, I think it is almost impossible…It doesn’t really matter how good you look or if you are wearing a sexy outfit! As long as you are a young girl, you will catch their eye! Of course you’re a total bitch if you don’t smile back and don’t strip for them! What, doesn’t their attention help build your self-esteem? NO! IT REALLY DOESN’T!

Last night I had a mosquito problem. As I was in a short vacation, I didn’t experience the hot weather in Bucharest this year, especially near the river…So I completely forgot about mosquitoes and about buying something to exterminate any night blood sucking intruders. That is why I only slept for three hours and something, most of that, meaning two hours, from 5:30 in the morning. Imagine how in the mood I was for stupid middle-age crisis men!

One of these sub-humans (I am pissed off right now) actually tried to put his arms around me! I have to ask: why was he surprised by the brutal way in which his hand was kept far away from any part of my body??? It’s not like I’m the mini-skirt-and-transparent-blouse-early-in-the-morning type…I had a normal pair of jeans and a t-shirt, but that doesn’t seem to matter. And even if I was the above mentioned type, does that give men the right of putting their hands on whatever part of my body they admire the most?

I don’t know how they could change. Maybe it’s because they spend so much time doing physical work in this heat. Maybe it’s because they’re plain stupid and they only act driven by some animal instincts. But frankly I don’t give a damn about why they act like this. As long as I don’t walk around acting the way they do, I expect them to spare me their trivial pick-up lines (did these lines ever work???) and to keep their hands far from me. Unless they fancy getting hit in the head by a small (but always heavy) hand bag. I wonder if I’d say “Do that and I’ll cut your balls out in two seconds!” would they stop on their own. I guess I’ll be angry enough to try this line one day and I will sure give you all the following details.
posted by Alina @ 3:29 PM  
13 Comments:
  • At 7/19/2005 4:41 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I wish that to every woman on this planet! It's hard not to let it get to you when all the streets and hostels in Bucharest are being repaired! :))But, hey, I try to ignore them as much as I can!

     
  • At 7/19/2005 5:49 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    wow, bad experience. i am really sorry for it kayla. i can't believe the guts on the guy!! my guess is he was drunk.

    if this happened here in Egypt and there are people around, the people would probably tear him to shreds!!

    and every passing person who witneses this fight and knows what it is about would probably give a helping hand in the beating.

    i guess pepper spray could be a good idea. i don't know what to say. these people obviously have no idea how violated we feel if something like this is done.

    and i think it is so cowardly, i am sure he couldn't have dared if someone else was around.

     
  • At 7/19/2005 9:50 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    hello saw yr name on cheesy-termite's comment post...wat u say is very true...wetha it b romania o ne otha place its all d same...this kinna stuff happens in india too and yeah,the same thin goes on in ma head...its scary sumtimes,sumtimes all that i feel is anger but thr isnt much u can do can u?
    all u can do is ignore such losers
    neway nice blog
    rock on!

     
  • At 7/20/2005 10:40 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, Doshar, he wasn't drunk, he was just feeling really bold because he was surrounded by his loser friends...
    I thought of pepper spray too, but c'mon, should I worry about that at 9.30 am??? What should I carry around at night? an AK 47? I choose to ignore them most of the time...
    If there were people around, they would just stay out of it! Most of the times they don't help when it's getting worse either...Weird

    Hello, Ice Princes! There isn't much u can do if the society doesn't first change it's point of view on this matter, like in Egypt.

     
  • At 7/20/2005 11:35 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Ma bucur ca ti-am fost de ajutor! Si sper sa ai mai mult timp in viitor :))

     
  • At 7/21/2005 10:27 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    I am really trying, Avik, believe me!

     
  • At 7/21/2005 2:28 PM, Blogger haal said…

    except egypt? Well, i am not sure if you people lived in egypt or not, but yeah, the bad news is, men stare at women any time, and no matter what these women are wearing. They would say nasty comments, and sometimes attempt to touch women. And I am not sure, if you scream another man will come tear him to shreds thing that Doshar is talking about. This might have been the case 20 years ago, but now, people will just look at you. In fact, never heard of a woman who screamed because a man touched her. More and more, there was a rape incident right in the busiest square in cairo, and no one moved instead they were watching and at the end they blamed the girl for wearing sexy outfit.

     
  • At 7/21/2005 2:46 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, Haal, really sorry to hear that! About rape incidents, I heard that in Romania, when going to report a rape case in certain areas to the police, the policemen treat those girls as if they are professional prostitute. Most of the times, the women are blamed for the way they dress! And yeah, people really don't interfere, no matter how bad it gets!

     
  • At 7/21/2005 3:18 PM, Blogger LouLou said…

    Kayla,


    Sorry to hear you were subjected to that. Next time if this happens hope you hit him really hard with your handbag. Give him an extra kick for me:)

     
  • At 7/21/2005 3:36 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    OK, LouLou, I will!

     
  • At 7/22/2005 4:01 PM, Blogger snoopy said…

    i totally agree with you and unfortunately i encountered such situations ever since i was a kid which is really painfull to remember anytime and it still feels horrible to think of it coz i was a kid and didnt know how to deal with such things but now i CAN F****** cut the hands of any jerk who might think of doing anything of that sort
    really interesting topic Kayla

     
  • At 7/25/2005 10:55 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    I'm glad you liked it, Snoopy! Cutting the hands would be a great idea. Cutting their balls out would also be a great one, don't you think??? :))

     
  • At 7/25/2005 1:50 PM, Blogger snoopy said…

    I totally agree Kayla it would be a fantastic thig to do ;)
    oh and thanks for passing by in my blog

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.