Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, July 01, 2005
New paths to follow
Domestic and International Tourism Economics – this is what I’ll be studying for the next four years! I found out that I would be accepted without taking an exam due to the national Latin contest awards that I won back in high-school. So I had to get my diplomas from home but my dad helped me with that as people who work with him come to Bucharest on daily basis.

Last night I was going through those diplomas, picking the ones I wanted to put in the enrollment file. And it struck me – those who said my life sucked were right, but it sucked for different reasons, not those they thought of!

So, I admit it, my life sucks compared to what it could have been if I had been using my full potential these past for years spent in Bucharest (not compared to others’ lives, because I did turn better than a lot of people I knew). And now I’ve decided! I’m not going to waste anymore time starting today. No more movie-watching or starring at the walls when I could be doing something useful!

Yesterday I had to check out of my dorm. So I spent yesterday filling papers and taking the bags that were left at a friend’s house. Cris and I walked so much yesterday that we simply crashed in our guest bed and forgot our plans of going to a club with some friends. We were way too tired for a party. Oh, yeah, student dorms managers are true idiots as you first have to check out and then check back in (if you spend the summer in Bucharest) after a couple of days…We’re lucky we have good friends, but moving all our stuff (you’d be surprised how much of those we have) all around the city is no fun.

Where have I moved (well, actually am in the process of moving)? In a private dorm…Expensive? Actually not more expensive than the state hostels which have a hotel status over the summer. So we got to the weird situation where we pay less to live in a private hostel. And you cannot imagine how this one looks compared to the others! It’s like moving from hell straight to paradise. Moreover, as I hate moving twice every year, we won’t have to move again this autumn; we’ll stay here for the next school year! Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Other than that, I also decided something else…As much as I dislike it, as much as I love working with my colleagues and everything else related to this office, it’s time to look for another job! There’s not much pressure right now, so I can afford to take my time to choose. But at least I decided it’s time to look somewhere else…
Oh, and a little something for my friends who don’t speak Romanian. A site containing poems in English written by Mihai Eminescu, my favorite Romanian poet. The translation is ok, it’s hard to match the Romanian version, though…My favorite poem from those contained by the site (just a few compared to how many he actually wrote) is Lucifer ( Romanian tile – “Luceafarul” – it’s the name of a star which is called the Evening Star in other translations I found). Enjoy!
posted by Alina @ 1:04 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7/01/2005 3:05 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    hi kayla! how are you?

    i don't know if you consider me as one of your non-romanian speaking 'friends' but thanks for the link (poems), i liked it! hehe. i haven't read "lucifer" yet, but i will. i've read "solitude", it's cute... well, i don't know about how they were written originally but i find the translation more than ok... c'est super! Mind if I bookmark it?

    well, good luck with your studies and happy job hunting! ;)

    and have a nice weekend!

    ;)
    boks

     
  • At 7/01/2005 3:23 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, yes, you are one of them! Glad you liked the link, you can bookmark it if you want, it's no problem!
    You have a great weekend as well!
    See you on Monday!
    :)

     
  • At 7/01/2005 11:50 PM, Blogger Mohamed said…

    Now I see what you meant. Seems that you got the same fortune cookie :)

     
  • At 7/04/2005 11:35 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yeah, I did get the same fortune cookie! :)) But it seems it's gonna be just fine! They place I'm moving to is great and I'm sure I'll get a great job in no time! As for changing my marital status...I guess I should find a lap to fall in! :))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.