Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Strange ways of friendship
I do wonder why certain “friends” of mine remember I kind of exist only when they have problems. Gaby, a coworker, once told me that you should share your happy moments with everybody and keep the sad times just for yourself. I don’t think this is completely correct, but as far as acquaintances are concerned it might turn out to be a useful attitude.

As far as friends are concerned, they should share everything and anything should go both ways. Call me to say you’re sad and lonely, but do call me once in a while to tell me you’re having a great time! I’ll help you with everything I can, but can you please remember I exist every once in a while, regardless of what’s going on in your life?

I don’t get it! I’m a pretty good judge of characters. I am never wrong about people around me. But if a certain someone comes closer to my soul, I totally go blind! I don’t want people to deserve my trust! I think people are basically good and they’re worth my attention and I do grant them my trust from the beginning (I don’t trust them with my life but I do have confidence we’ll be friends for a long time). Maybe the other way around is the best way, just like a job! You do your job, I’ll promote you; I do complete my tasks, you promote me…

I walked to work today. A cool morning, me drinking Coca-Cola, ice-cold coke even! This city is really beautiful, the people are beautiful! I just have to look outside me office window, to see the river and the trees to remember it! Or look at the Opera business centre, or spend a few moments on a bench in front of the National Opera! If I look closely I will also see the beggars, the poor, the sick, the less fortunate, in a word…But that should really remind me to cherish what I have: my youth, my happiness, the people who care about me, the people I care about, my health, my beautiful office, my great new book, the music I love, my cool black pencil, my blog…

Speaking of my blog, someone I really don’t know has a problem with my Egyptian blogosphere friends…Why you might ask. Well, I have no idea! I enjoy talking to them, arguing, making fun of stuff…And I enjoy that with any of my online friends, regardless of their country of origin…
posted by Alina @ 12:54 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 6/28/2005 1:37 PM, Blogger haal said…

    Because we are MEAN .....
    AWHOOOOOOOOOOO

     
  • At 6/28/2005 1:40 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I'm sorry to disappoint you, Haal, but I'm sure he did not get to the mean part. The only thing he got to see was :Location: Egypt...
    But yeah, you are (and I am to be honest) sooo meaaaaaaannn at times! :))

     
  • At 6/28/2005 2:27 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    i just noticed that your visitors from egypt are more than romanians!!! you are a popular gal here i see

    how does that work by the way? the counter i mean.

     
  • At 6/28/2005 2:31 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    That counter is great but it works diffrently as compared to my other counter! It acknowledges an IP only once, it does not count it several times. The other counter counts any new visit every day. But i love knowing more about my visitors even if it's only the country they live in! And yeah, I'm popular on the Egyptian blogosphere!

     
  • At 6/28/2005 3:54 PM, Blogger Mohamed said…

    Kayla, I think he's probably right. You're hanging around too many Egyptians lately. That can't be good for you :)

    Hey, good dose of optimism and beauty in this post. Should I worry about me liking Bucharest?!

     
  • At 6/28/2005 4:04 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Mo, you'd love Bucharest! Well, if you come in a hot summer weekend let's say, somewhere around the campuses...You might never leave! :))

     
  • At 6/28/2005 4:09 PM, Blogger Mohamed said…

    I'm sure I wouldn't. Sounds like fun.

    (Is your friend who warned you from Egyptians really angry now, and will probably stop me at the airport? :)

     
  • At 6/28/2005 4:23 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    He's not even in Romania, I think. He was just born here...But no worries, I'll protect you! My boss says I was his killer secretary and that I now am his killer marketing officer! Actually it was fun: this is my secretary, she kills men (that's because most of the people that came to see him were men)!

     
  • At 6/28/2005 4:41 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    How cute, my roomie feels neglected! Don't, you know I love ya! :))

     
  • At 6/28/2005 4:53 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Wellcome to my little world, Irina! Really nice to meet you!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.