Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Things that have been going on
The weekend was extremely rainy and it spoiled a lot of plans I had. But that doesn’t mean I didn’t have fun! Some of you might remember a certain jerk I mentioned who’s dating two girls but tries to convince me I’m the one for him in the mean time. Well, faith thought I should meet one of his girlfriends while they were on a date. So Friday evening, half an hour after arriving in my hometown, I ran into them. I could have chosen a bitchier attitude and could have said something really mean like “Oh, and how about the weekend plans you wanted to have with me?” or “Wow, you’re not desperately looking for a place to live in Bucharest?” But the girl was pretty nice and thought she shouldn’t find out what and asshole he is just like that! And then again he could have said I’m just jealous and convince her I was crazy…So, I just let it be!

The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet, mostly because of the rain that wouldn’t stop! But at least I had enough couch-potato quality time with my mom and my cousin! My cousin was in Ploiesti for an exam – he wanted to be enrolled at the Police High-school but he didn’t get in. I was very sad for him, as he had such high hopes and all, but I never really approved of this choice of his and I have to admit I am quite happy to know he will continue his education in Ploiesti (my mom and I will take care of the details), but in a regular high-school, not in an army-like one!

On Sunday I came back to Bucharest and met my friend Mishu. I know her since we were 11 years old that might explain why I could understand so easily her stories of what has been going on in the past week! She is supposed to leave to the US for a year long internship after passing the license exam (an after-graduation exam that finally provides you your degree). I know she’ll do just fine there, but I know I’ll miss her! Oh well, thank God for email and instant messaging!

Yesterday I continued my moving spree, carrying my baggage around the city to the new dorm. I got a nasty bruise on my right leg from the first moving session. It’s enormous, that’s why I showed it to all my coworkers. Other than that I have been sending CVs to several companies. To my delight, the Hilton hotel in Bucharest is hiring new blood at the moment, so I have a chance to finally make it to the field I always dreamed of – the hotel business. That is why I actually chose this second degree, tourism economics, to learn everything about hotel management and marketing! I am sure one day I will be the hotshot manager of a five star hotel! Hey, you can always hope!
posted by Alina @ 12:31 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7/05/2005 2:23 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Of course you can stay for free and bring your dog in my hotel, that is if I ever get to own one! Or a small share of one, let's say 10% of a five stars hotel chain! :))

     
  • At 7/05/2005 4:33 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Let's both hope you'll live to see the day...:))

     
  • At 7/05/2005 8:17 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    While it was raining there, we were being roasted here! We had sunshine the whole weekend and the temperature went up to 36°c!

    Kayla, am so pleased about the course you're taking up... I took up BSHRM (not Human Resources huh?), Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management, years ago. I was able to be where I wanted to be, it's just that the time came that I had to choose between career and family.

    You're still very young, you have all the time in the world to fulfill your dreams! I wish you the best and I'm sincere!

    Ce mai faci?

    ;)
    boks

     
  • At 7/06/2005 10:32 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Ca va tres bien, Boks!
    I hope I'll get through this new faculty with no major problems! :))Maybe I'll do better that I did during the first one, right?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.