Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, July 21, 2005
Some positive feed-back
I got home from work yesterday and was just sitting around with my room-mate doing nothing at all. Suddenly, I had this idea to check out a new fast-food restaurant from the campus and then have a walk to burn the extra calories. And she agreed to it. So we headed to this new place but we had a big problem: it was Greek food and had no translation so we really had no idea what to choose! (Irina, if you’re reading this and have the time, maybe you can help me with that later).

We thought of it for about three seconds and decided to go to a place we knew better! We got our cheeseburgers (which were by the way better than always – I guess it’s because the competition gets more vicious in the summer cause half of the students leave the campus and new places are opened every month) and headed to the University. We were going to spend some time in the Cismigiu Park, but as we were really thirsty and couldn’t find one shop opened, we got to the University and spent about 10 minutes on a bench in front of the Bucharest National Theatre. We couldn’t stay longer because of the mosquitoes that have a strong attraction to my blood! Cristina was sitting beside me, having no problem at all, while I was all itchy!

The walk back was a little less pleasant as we were getting a bit tired, but still enjoyed the cool breeze (just like the seaside breeze!) and each other’s company. We got back, showered, got to bed and instantly fell asleep. Our walk lasted for about 2 hours and a half and the distance was of about 7-8 kilometers. It reminded me of the long walks we used to take every night last winter. It was better than any gym because it was in the outdoors.

Today I was feeling great! A good night sleep, some music we love in the morning, a nice walk to the office…Although she was on a leave this week, we walked together because she had to be somewhere near our office. And then the cocoa milk I bought which is another seaside reminder! Then some other good news that I got: I’m supposed to go take some tests at a company where I submitted a CV a few days ago! The tests will last for about three hours and I hope I’ll do my best. I think I kind of need a change of environment…So, guys wish me luck tomorrow!
posted by Alina @ 1:03 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7/21/2005 4:49 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I'll go back to the fast-food these days, try to learn how the dishes are called, and then tell you! Thanks for the help Irina!

     
  • At 7/21/2005 8:55 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    Walking with a friend is the best thing to do.

    Wish you best of luck with your tests. Let us know how they will go.

     
  • At 7/22/2005 5:22 AM, Blogger Lorena said…

    good luck. hope it all works out.

    i love walking as well. the best form of exercise.

     
  • At 7/22/2005 11:35 AM, Blogger doshar said…

    your whole post made me so nostalgic for college days!!

    it is great that you are there again. it has a certain thing to it that u don't really apreciate till you leave. how lucky to do it again! carefree days where your biggest worry is your next assignment. i just finished my phd exams a few months ago and i briefly relived it (the lectures, assignmets, tests, the outings) but i think the best part of it is the comradeship of your friends and fellow students all doing the same thing. it helped that the poeple taking these exams with me were mainly old friends from my home college.


    i think you are the type to do well in exams. hope u do great!!

     
  • At 7/22/2005 3:25 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, guys, thank you for your support! But these tests nearly killed me! :))The English part was easy (as far as actual English was involved), but the technical part...OMG! I can't really understand why they picked me to call if they needed someone with so much knowledge of servesr, Internet and stuff...My CV was pretty clear aboout that...Well, let's just hope that they were mostly interested in English and client support stuffs, as I heard they train their personnel in what other skills are concerned!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.