Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, July 29, 2005
Really hot around here!
Yesterday I got a bit upset because of a friend of mine who couldn’t find the time to see me. I might have been asking for to much, but really didn’t care at the moment. Actually, no, it wasn’t too much, as she had set the day for our get together. I was pissed off for a while, but then I just decided to let it be. Not worth the fuss, anyway!

So I decided to join Cris who was going to check her brother’s results at the University (he had a lot of exams last week). We walked there (a great way to exercise) and we got into this talk about relationships. She said the best part about having a place of your own to go is that when you fight with him, you can have a “proudly slamming the door behind you an going to your place” scene. If you’re living together, there’s really nowhere you can go, so the scene is off!

Yeah, she’s really funny! But I was just thinking now, if you so much want the scene, you can go walk in the neighborhood for a while, then come back and continue to be upset because he didn’t stop you…Well, the possibilities of drama during a fight are endless. I for one I’d rather go without the whole fight in the first place…

It’s really hot these days. Can’t really eat because of that! Cris remembered that last year and the year before it was even hotter, but we didn’t seem to feel this bad. Well, last year it got hot gradually, not jumping from rain and floods to heat. But the problem with this heat is that it really messes people’s mind! Or I am just trying to blame cruel, indecent, crazy behavior on it…

A 13 year old girl was found dead yesterday. Other than being taken away from her family and possibly raped, she had three wooden hobs forced into her face. Now, what sick mind could do that??? The reporters had taped her parents crying. Their only question was why did they have to torture her like that?
posted by Alina @ 1:00 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 7/29/2005 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, as a man around your post i must make a comment about that door slamming scene in relationships.

    The real cause of the slamming door scene is that u don't wanna go on shouting for nothing. And u can't just shut your mouth, so u must take your mouth and go away. Cause it will cause more damage. Same for everybody without argument.

    By the way it is really hot outside i can be a witness. I m lucky that i m working in basement now. Only advantage is the temperature, rest of it completely sucks. Dont ever dream about it.

    Sorry about that little one also. Life in this world will never be fair believe me.

    Try to have a nicey nice day folks...

     
  • At 7/29/2005 4:04 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    True, Irina, very true, although I think emancipation was referring to something else, not what we made of it!

    Let me tell you a little secret, Calliani. Every girl,most of the times, when preparing to leave the premises in the middle of an aguement, wants to be stopped. The door slaming is partly because what you've said, partly because she's angry he didn't stop her.
    BTW, a kiss can pretty much make you shut up, don't you think? But if we'd be thinking instead of fighting, there will be no more arguements! :)

     
  • At 7/29/2005 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok ok ok, what can i say, u r in their side so maybe u know the right thing to do :) I will check and come with the results in a year :) lets wait and see ;)

     
  • At 7/29/2005 4:12 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    OK, check it! But you must let me know what you think.

     
  • At 7/29/2005 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really like your blog.

    Visit mine sometime ;)

     
  • At 7/29/2005 9:35 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    I'm sorry to hear about that little girl.. I wonder when the world is going to be a peaceful place to live in!

     
  • At 7/30/2005 1:55 AM, Blogger JavierOh said…

    Hey, gracias por tu consejo, lo tomaré en cuenta, pero el tiempo dura mucho en pasar...y es un proceso doloroso....Javier Jack

     
  • At 7/30/2005 2:24 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    the part about the girl really got to me. i really pity her parents. poor poor girl. why torture her? because who ever did it was probably a sadistic ... can't find words without using bad langualge.

    it is really hot here too. and humid too, but i guess august is expected to be that way. and the wether makes your patience virtually evaporate. well, autumn is near.

     
  • At 7/30/2005 5:09 PM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    The slamming of the door and the separate room is gender-biased. As women were (and, in some parts of the world, still are) opressed in their houses by husbands or partners, they needed a room of their own, in order to get away from danger.

    The feeling and theory are best described in Virginia Woolf's book "A room of one's own".

     
  • At 8/01/2005 12:10 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Marwa, thanks for your visit! I promise to return it as soon as I can.

    Moon, I would like to have an answer for that!

    Yeah, of course it was ironical, Irina! Actually, closer to sarcasm, considering the given situation, am I right?

    Si, Burno, un proceso muy doloroso...Pero no tenemos otro remedio, no? Please excuse my eventual Spanish mistakes!

    Doshar, I had a lot of bad words in my mind while seing the story! I can understand the need to use them in such cases!

    Thanks for the tip, George, I will read the book! But I was talking about a place of your own as in "a place in a different location" which I guess is even worse than a different room in the same flat.

     
  • At 8/01/2005 12:47 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    Poor little girl :(
    Some cruel animals live around and need to be killed!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 8/01/2005 1:39 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I don't know if they should be killed, Rain! Maybe tortured! Yeah, that sounds better!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.