Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, August 08, 2005
Weekend gossip
“I don’t want the world to see me
Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s meant to be broken
I want you to know who I am”

Sometimes nothing seems to just happen, to come out of the blue, having no reason at all. At times like these, everything seems closely connected, no mistakes, just actions bound to be chosen. And every piece fits its place, slowly building a bigger puzzle that takes your breath away and amazes you beyond any imagination…

It was a perfect weekend, lightly deep, quiet, but not silent, refreshing and basically taking my mind of office issues. K. had an important part in that. He seems to be very good at making me forget about all my problems when I’m with him.

Sunday evening we were walking around the University Plaza. As it had rained, the sewerage was again overwhelmed, thus flooding the sidewalk. Some reporter started asking me questions (fist two were ok, she was making me talk, the following were plain stupid – Is it normal? No!). When this happens, my first instinct is not to answer. Then I remember how hard it used to be to get people to talk when needing to complete a school assignment. And I stop, improvise and try to help. I remember thinking she was kinda lame as a reporter, but at least she was pretty…I was a little mean!

Today, on our way to work, Cris and I saw some dummies in the river. They’re used in a “Help the victims of the floods” campaign, but the idea seems pretty scary to me. They probably counted on the powerful effect this might have (if you’re not close enough, you think there are people in danger). Still, it’s scary, especially one dummy that’s holding a rope, impersonating someone who cannot swim.
posted by Alina @ 3:33 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 8/08/2005 4:07 PM, Blogger loloma said…

    hehe, guess what! that used to be my favourite song! it still is, it's just that the list of favourite songs has gotten much longer now :)

    the river thing, on the other hand...yep, that's scary! but it does sound so much like home if I may say so :(

     
  • At 8/08/2005 4:23 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yeah, my list of favorite songs is getting longer and longer each week! :)

    It seems we need to be shocked in order to help! Frankly, I think the money collecting point in McDonalds is a better idea as far as I'm concerned!

     
  • At 8/08/2005 5:10 PM, Blogger haal said…

    SO our little firey Kayla is having some good time! Sweet!

     
  • At 8/08/2005 9:28 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    They must know what they're doing? But the dummies in the river thing... Makes me wonder if people might not notice a real person in there, just see them out of the corner of their eye and keep walking because they think it's another dummy!

    Same here - bad experience once with a reporter. You have to watch what you say...

     
  • At 8/09/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yes, Haal! Lots of great time actually! :)

    Hmmm, Irina I do envy you for those long summer holidays! Bad experiences with reporters...Yeah, I guess I can guess what they actually want to know and I can improvise (it is my field as well, you know!).

    Paul, no matter what, I still think the add is creepy! And you might be right! What if we stop noticing real people having problems?

     
  • At 8/09/2005 1:07 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    thanks for that... i've come to the conclusion myself that nothing ever happens without a reason, even if it isn't apparant immediately... i've had too experiences that only made sense months, years or decades later, the larger picture unfolding before my very eyes, astonishing and enriching beyond belief

    scary stuff, those dummies... the responsible people seem to think "if you can't convince 'm, then you should scare the living daylights out of them" ;-)

     
  • At 8/09/2005 1:32 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    at least you had a weekend far from ordinary! ;) so, did the romanian television viewers have a chance to catch a glimpse of Kayla's beauty?

    moi? i caught a cold, i've been coughing so much at night that i don't sleep well, i look like a zombie already.

    bises,
    boks

     
  • At 8/09/2005 1:37 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Bart, I reached that conclusion some time ago, but it helped me so much. Because even when I'm really down I can tell myself it's all part of a bigger plan.
    The dummies are scary, but that says a lot about how much it takes to get some feed-back from the Romanian public.

    Hey, Boks! Sorry to hear you're not well! Hope you'll get bette soon!
    I don't know if anyone saw me and frankly I don't care, now that I have me new photoblog to show off! :))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.