Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, September 09, 2005
Tips on How to Google a Potential Girlfriend
As you all know, or don’t know, I have started a new career in technical supporting. As I come to love and quite enjoy it most of the times, I’ve thought about launching a new WoBM product, called “How-to-articles”, this being the first of a longer or shorter series (depending on the time I have and the mood I’m in).

Our first topic that needs some support is how to find a great girlfriend (or at leas a girl you would be interested in going out with for a couple of times). In a world where time, speed and basically just staying attached to your computer is so important, these tips might actually help.

Why use Google and not some chat room you might ask. Well, to avoid the annoying asl pls first! :) And other stupid questions like “wanna cyber?” after the first “Hi” line. And because you can select several features to add to your search.

The first option is this: launch Google using your browser of choice. Type the system requirements as explicit and clear as possible. Make sure you type plenty of those, to reduce the number of returned pages. Then search all the pages returned by the search engine and use a Pros and Cons list to choose the future person. After selecting that person, you also have to try and locate some type of contact details to get in touch. If this operation is a success, then you can move to composing a funny-interesting-interested-not-a-freak email to send to that person. Then spend days/weeks/months trying to convince her you are the perfect couple and that you should meet.

Now I can sense the “WTF are you talking about?” question in your eyes and the smile saying “That’ll never work” smile on your lips. And to be honest, you are right! That is why we created a temporary workaround until our team can provide a solution for this error. As the workaround is very complicated and the technical details could kill you, I will use an example to describe it.

One day, a certain guy (let’s call him K) was in front of his computer, having his normal busy-busy day. As he had no use for the Internet connection for the moment, he though he should put that time to good use and download something. As he had already decided he liked Morandi’s song “Love me” and as he had heard the band had released some new singles, he thought he should google Morandi mp3s.

So he typed www.google.com or .ro in his browser and hit “Enter”. Then he typed “Morandi mp3” and he hit “Enter” again. He was somehow directed to a weird page (cherry-red and pink and a doggie-clock and lots of text) with a large post about Morandi “Love me”. He felt like reading the post and checking out who wrote it. It was this girl with a weird name for her country, Kayla Vincent, that happened to live in the same beautiful city as him, Bucharest.

He thought she was kind of interesting and maybe if she loved that song so much, she might have more mp3s of the same band. So he looked into her profile, got an YIM ID and typed an offline message.

The second day she replied that message stating she had the whole “Reverse” album which she intended to send via email. As her Internet Connection was kind of slow and she used the yahoo address to send the attachments it took a few days. They kept on talking on messenger and he thought he should send her some songs as well.

Even if he wanted to, he still wouldn’t be able to tell you how this turned into a daily activity: exchanging music, chit-chatting, having fun, sharing thoughts…One day they decided to meet to exchange movies (there was no way to do that via email!) so they went for a drink to a nice little terrace in Herastrau. He also brought some pictures from his sister’s engagement party that he had recently attended. They had fun, and then he drove her home.

About a week or so later, they were going to the mountains together and a month later they had serious problems spending 5 days apart! So, now tell me, isn’t this the perfect workaround? :))

I hope this will do for the repeated demands for a K post.
posted by Alina @ 1:10 PM  
29 Comments:
  • At 9/09/2005 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, i spent 3 hours on google searching for mp3s but i couldnt find the love of my life yet. Can you tell me exactly how much time should i spend more???

    Yeah surely i am kidding. But it looks like a nice beginning for a sweet love story. Keep us updated!!! ;)

     
  • At 9/09/2005 2:52 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    Umm.. Kayla, I spend half of my time searching for mp3s.. nothing happened till now ;)

    It's a nice workaround :) I love such unpredicted stuff.. things that happens without arranging, or without expecting.

    I guess K is lucky :)

     
  • At 9/09/2005 3:22 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Calliani, welcome back! Oh, you should spend a lot more time than that!:)) And it does like like a perfect beginning!

    Moon, there should be a man googling or you googling for a girlfriend! I haven't heard of the other way around :) I also love such beautiful unexpected surprises!

    And now here's a little confession: this blog brought me a lot of nice surprises, one of the best being K. That's why I was completely rude to a certain person criticizing everything about my blog. I love my blog, I love the people I met through it and they are definitely not average!

     
  • At 9/09/2005 8:39 PM, Blogger Mohamed said…

    Cute. So that's why you were so busy then. Seems that google does work sometimes. He must've pressed the "I'm feeling lucky" button :)

     
  • At 9/09/2005 9:33 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yeah, Mo, maybe you're right! :)) But unfortunately that is not the main reason of my being so busy...It's just that I have so much to learn at the new job and I have no internet connection home (yet!) and if I have some spare time I'd rather spend it reading stuff about computers and all that! It's all very new to me and I have to say I am actually thinking about having Linux installed on my home computer in order to learn it. I'm like any other "restricted" user, I love Windows as it's quite easy! But it seems I have to learn more about those "necessary evils" out there!:)

     
  • At 9/09/2005 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice story. It's got a little "You got mail" touch. Didn't think these things really happen. Way to go little one.

     
  • At 9/09/2005 10:05 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    what a lovely story, i'm really happy for you :D... the ways we find each other are at times so unique they're worth a story of their own...

    interesting coincidences, chance encounters and random contacts... i'm australian and was travelling around europe... in germany, on my way to hungary to meet friends i'd met in france i met a lovely girl who happened to live in holland on her way to meet her (now ex-)boyfriend and... voila...

     
  • At 9/09/2005 10:49 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Anonymous, my story is sooo much better than the "You got mail" story!

    Bart, seems like your story is as interesting as mine! Life really has its ways of getting you just where it wants you eventually.

     
  • At 9/10/2005 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks like the Internet has been overtaken much of the 'street action' : more and more people are searching the cyberspace for love!

     
  • At 9/10/2005 5:56 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    :).... I'll use a friend of mine quote..she wrote "sometimes fate works like a charm"... indeed!!!
    you never know what the tide will bring :)..but usually very unique things.
    BTW you've got mail is one of my favorite movies ;)

     
  • At 9/10/2005 7:08 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Anonymous,.the cyberspace is indeed on of the favorite paces this days. But the thing is none of us was looking for that! That's the most amazing part of it.

    Rain, your friends' quote is quite true. I loved that movie as well and noe that I think about it, I'd like to see it again.

     
  • At 9/10/2005 7:41 AM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    I keep hitting "Enter" and nothing comes up ;-)

    A nice post.

     
  • At 9/10/2005 5:37 PM, Blogger Sim said…

    Oh, you always surprise me in a pleaseant way.

    Nice story and lots of luck. What if you were living in different countries. :'( This is possible too, and it can be a beautiful story too. I guess it all begins with a mp3 exchange. In my case, four months later he came from Spain to Romania, without knowing here anyone but me, and yeah, he also brought me some movies :P An now, a year and a half later we are thinking of possibilities to live together.

    As for the "I'm feeling lucky" option it's on my list of "don't try this at home" stuff. One day I was searching for "miserable" and instead of pressing Search I pressed "I'm feeling lucky". Where did it took me? To a page about Bush. Google knows why ;).

    And yes sir, you are a very important customer for us and we are sorry for all the inconveniences, but we will come back to you as soon as possible with a final fix for your issue. For the moment please use the temporary workaround indicated by our colleague Kayla. She knows what she's saying.

    And, yes, since starting to work in tech support "as soon as possible" started to have values like "in one month", "in the next version" or "never". See you on tuesday with a coffee.

     
  • At 9/10/2005 8:14 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    wow, it is a really good story!

    I don't think that it can work out for so many others. with you, fate had a definite helping hand! and because it was so spontaneous, it felt really right. on the other hand, when someone comes on directly as a "boyfriend to be ", it is kind of s turn off a bit. you start zooming in on "so what is wrong with him?"

    also the awkwardness of the situation itself spoils it.

    but your story is different. it is about 2 souls that just ran to one another like opposite poles of a magnet. as if they belong together. it is not forced, or intentional.


    but hey, where is the How to google a boyfriend post?

     
  • At 9/10/2005 8:16 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Shi, you have to be more patient! And it will come to you, not necessarily trhough Google.

    Sim, what can I say, funny as always! And about living with that boyfriend of yours, I promise I'll come visit one summer, so that you can proudly present Asturias to me! And those flowers especially planted for you! :)

     
  • At 9/10/2005 8:20 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Doshar, I need more documentation for that post! And a temporary workaround! But there's a "Tips on how to use girlfriend 1.x" coming soon! So stick around!

     
  • At 9/11/2005 2:54 AM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    That was what I was talking about ya kayla.. How to google a boyfriend ;)

     
  • At 9/11/2005 12:08 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I have no idea about that ya Moon! :) But as soon as I gather enough data, I'll write a post about it, promise!

     
  • At 9/11/2005 5:07 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    oh la la! so that's how it started!
    kayla, you got me gigling here, hehe.

    and the "I do's"???

    kayla, though we only know each other virtually, honestly speaking, am really, really HAPPY for both of you.

    take care! ;)

     
  • At 9/12/2005 7:02 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thant's how it started Boks! As for I do's, it's really way tooo early for that! Thank you for being happy for me!

     
  • At 9/12/2005 9:03 AM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    Do I have to wait for ever ;-)

     
  • At 9/13/2005 5:47 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    If you keep trying my workaround, you might just....:))

     
  • At 9/13/2005 10:22 AM, Blogger Tina said…

    You are right. I like your story better than "You got m@il". Great pacing too, letting details in one by one. Have a great time you two :)

     
  • At 9/13/2005 12:28 PM, Blogger roora said…

    Internet now makes wonders ! but to that extent ? Who knows :)

     
  • At 9/13/2005 1:04 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hey, Tina! Long time no see, at least around my blog...I like my story better as well, mostly because it's real and, y'know, MINE! :))

    Roora, in my case it worked like a charm! To what extent..Hmm, I guess it would have really been nothing at all if our real-life relationship hadn't been just as good.

     
  • At 9/17/2005 3:14 AM, Blogger Mohamed Moshrif said…

    I see that every thing is simple to the extend of being easy to done, not like in Middle East :D

     
  • At 9/17/2005 11:16 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    What do you mean by easy done, Mohamed? I really do not know how thigs work in the Middle East. But I guess a girl going with a man to the mountains just like that wouldn't be such a great idea, would it? Or am I wrong?

     
  • At 9/23/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I usually get mp3s from file sharing programs like kazaa and shareaza, what shall I do !!!??
    :-P

     
  • At 9/23/2005 11:34 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    I have no idea, but will think about it. Our development team will provide a fix or woraround for the error you reported! :))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.