Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Metro strike
Yes, it officially started! The metro trains are not available from 4 AM till 4 PM. Isn’t that great? Well, let me tell you what that meant for me today: then only pretty fast way to get to school or to work or from school to work is with the metro. Without it, everything turns into a disaster!

Today for example, as I didn’t have 2.5 hours to get to school, I took a cab. Same thing from school to work, as I had a meeting at 3 PM and couldn’t afford to be late. What this meant? Well, let’s just say I spent on this two wonderful trips almost as much as I spent for metro and all the other means of public transportation in a month!

Normally, I am a bit pissed off! Not because of the strike itself, God forbid, the Metrorex employees have a right to protest! I am angry at those they are protesting against. About one or two months ago the metro prices were increased. Also, there is so much advertising going on in the trains and in all the stops that it makes you dizzy. I cannot understand how these incomes cannot be properly managed, so that employees can get their raise!

In the end, those who take the metro are the only ones ever paying more! We are supposed to pay more for our trips, we are supposed to take all those advertising campaigns, and we are supposed to pay with money or our time during strikes!

All I hope for is that this strike won’t last too long! Because it is really killing me! I cannot afford wasting more time on getting from some place to another, I don’t have that time and I’m not willing to make it…I can hardly wait for the news stories on this subject that I'm sure will be available soon.
posted by Alina @ 8:11 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11/17/2005 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bon courage, kayla!

    I think that's nothing when compared to the constant strikes we have here. we're a strike-prone country, it's our pastime! haha!

    how are you, dear?

    ;)

     
  • At 11/17/2005 8:12 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, Boks, a few more days like this and I'll go completely crazy, honestly!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.