Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, December 08, 2005
The missing blog
We all have our daily habits, starting with the morning cup of coffee, tea or milk or hot chocolate even, going on with how we get dressed and what we do before leaving the house. Then there are work/school habits, habits after working hours and habits before going to sleep. For some of us, among this daily habits, reading habits have a great importance. Getting captured by your book, newspaper or magazine on the way to or from work, reading your mail and offline messages and then of course, the blogosphere…Reading and replying comments on your own blog and then reading the blogs you read daily.

See, when reading the thoughts of a certain person of a certain person daily, a virtual bond with that persons appear. You feel good finding out what’s new in their horizon, if they’re happy or sad or have seen happy or sad events. If this virtual bond is taken away, you kind of miss that person, although you don’t really know him/her, although the only connection are your thoughts and perhaps mutual interests and opinions.

I first experienced that when Owzy’s daily stories and funny photos started to be posted only once in a while, with over a month pauses. Then it was Mo’s turn; he cut off the From Cairo, with love experience. Soon after him, Zoss left without saying a word. Then ma soeur virtuelle Boks decided to say goodbye and finally George decided it is time for a prolonged break. Well I will miss all of them, as weird as it might sound.

And now I wonder, would I ever abandon this blog? Would life actually get to be so hectic and me so bored of blogging that I would actually stop posting? Permanently? Which are the circumstances? I mean, I have been doing this several times a week and when I was forced to stay a while without posting I felt really weird. Would the need to keep posting thoughts here disappear after a while? Would I not miss the comment exchange with other bloggers?

Blogging has taught me a lot: about politics, lifestyles, people, books, events. Information and feelings, mixed and delivered by longer or shorter posts, photos and songs added to webpages. The blogosphere has its way of mesmerizing after you spend too much time in “the matrix” and it creates bonds with people oceans apart. I consider this experience relevant and quite irreplaceable.

I don’t think I am the only one thinking like this. So why do bloggers stop blogging? And most of all, how do they manage to stick to their decision?
posted by Alina @ 4:24 PM  
13 Comments:
  • At 12/08/2005 10:25 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    No Kayla, I don't think it's weird to miss bloggers who left.

    You are right, I feel this virtual bond too with most I read or passby ...

    Seriously , I don't know why ppl stop , I think it's a matter of time.. if they have the time to blog they will , and aslo interest.
    It all depends on the reason behind these interests, is it to kill time? or going with the flow and trying new trends? or finding some other way better to express urself ?

     
  • At 12/08/2005 10:40 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    You are probably right, the purpose of blogging is very important when taking such a decision. I hope I won't stop and no one else will anytime soon...

     
  • At 12/08/2005 11:15 PM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    For me, it's simple: I have some personal problems and I find my revenge in abandoning the blog for a while. Because it's a thing I love to do, but it's for my ego. I also always have too much to do and I have to start thinking about giving up in some matters.

     
  • At 12/09/2005 7:02 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, I hope all your problems will be solved and you'll be back in bussiness soon. I have this feeling you are going to miss it. Or shoud I call it hope :)

     
  • At 12/09/2005 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, peut être, j'en avais marre (???) haha!

    thanks for this kayla, so sweet of you...

    ;)

     
  • At 12/10/2005 1:37 AM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    You actually did put my thoughts into words Kayla.

    Have been wondering about people who stopped blogging, and my attachment to bloggers I read there blogs. It became part of my daily routine.

    Before I started blogging, I used to write in a forum, which I thought I’ll never quit writing there for whatever reason, and wondered how other members managed to quit. But as soon as I started blogging, my rate of posting there decreased, till I almost quitted it.

    My conclusion was, I need to write, I need to express myself, share my thoughts and opinions with other people, and I’ll be sticking to whatever fulfill these needs of mine. So, my guessing is, I’ll not quit blogging till something else takes it’s place in fulfilling these needs of mine. Plus, blogging has a very special thing.. it makes you feel that bloggers are your friends, you are sharing their happy and sad moments. They become part of your life.. and they represent dear friends to you :)

     
  • At 12/11/2005 7:33 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Boks, thank you for thinking it was sweet...So will you ever be tempted into coming back?? :D

    Moon, you are probably right, it might be all about finding a new means to express yourself and to fulfill such a need. I hope we all stick to the same resource for a longer while, though.

     
  • At 12/11/2005 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12/11/2005 10:15 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I don't usually delete comments on this blog. But if any one posting comments gets direspectful to me or anyone else around here, it is time for extreme measures. Sorry, Argus, but you have to take your frustrations somewhere else!

     
  • At 12/12/2005 12:14 AM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    occasionally things just get so on top of me, i slow down for a few days until i get my act back together... i can appreciate that some people need a clean break, to restart in some way although it can be a great pity at times...

    keep well...

     
  • At 12/12/2005 8:26 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yes, it sometimes is a great pitt...I hope you will stick to slowing down for a few days :)

     
  • At 12/12/2005 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...frustration?!!... MY frustration?!... di_respectful?!!... Hey, what are you talking about? Weird...

     
  • At 12/12/2005 5:59 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Calling someone a pervert is disrespectful. If you think otherwise, that's your problem. I don't want any judgemental comments here!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.