Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, March 20, 2006
Down low to up high
I was in no mood for anything when I left the house this morning. It was a bit chilly, it was 6.10 AM and I had been working during the weekend. I was just waiting for my cab to take me to work again. I noticed it was quite sunny, no clouds at all, yet somehow that failed to impress me.

Cab came, got it, left for work…Same route, actually one of the same route, each driver has his own favorite one. Was just sitting there, worrying about everything I need to do this week, my two tests and all that.

Well my driver was in an awesome mood, loud music, him singing along, being totally ironic to everything, telling me what a wonderful day it was…I couldn’t say what exactly was it this life loving and enjoying attitude that completely changed my own mood, but it really did! I started looking at the outside world differently, enjoying the sunshine, the open sky, the shop windows and everything else there was to enjoy. So thank you! Really! You gave me the most amazing present on a dull Monday…
posted by Alina @ 10:12 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 3/20/2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    :)
    This is just amazing...indeed,beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

     
  • At 3/20/2006 4:14 PM, Blogger m0tasim said…

    the same happened to me, except that it was me who got the other guy depressed. it wasnt a cab driver though, it was an orthopaedic resident, and i, skillfully enough, managed to push him to surgery in a terrible mood. on the other hand, i got better!

    except for this other thing i dont feel like talking about, i would have smiled all day!
    :/

     
  • At 3/21/2006 1:23 AM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    I like it when taxi drivers tell you stories. I got a taxi today and heard an interesting tale involving the police, knuckledusters and a substantial amount of compensation money. Eye opening.

     
  • At 3/21/2006 10:08 AM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    enthusiasm can be contagious, and at just the moment you need a bit of encouragement someone will come along, or something will happen to let the sun shine again :D

    hope the rest of the day went well for you my dear ;-)

    keep well...

     
  • At 3/21/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Rain, that is quite true!

    Motasim, I don't think depressing other people is a thing to take pride in!

    Irina, depressive people are rarely sucessful in spoiling my mood. I try hard not to let them. But when it comes to happy people, I am more then open to their influence.

    Safyia, it is true, they can tell you some things you have no idea of. Such as who lives where and how much it costs to live there...

    Bart, actually my day continued to be quite great! Bright, sunny, relaxed and all that! :)

     
  • At 3/21/2006 6:27 PM, Blogger m0tasim said…

    Kayla,i wasnt smiling bcoz i was proud of doing it, i was smiling coz the other guy made me stop being depressed. so if i'm not depressed, why shouldnt i smile???

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.