Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Martisor Gifts
I can't say I am not a lucky girl! My first day of spring was quite great! After striving to get to the Pizza Hut near the University, I enjoyed my first luch out with K! We have so different schedules that the only time we eat together during the day is the weekend. So I really appreciated it!

Then at work, the guys were already waiting for us with Martisor amulets and flowers. Here is a picture of the things I have received. In case you are wondering, the orchid on the left is very real and it is from K. I hope you have all enjoyed your first day of spring as much as I did! It was a bit cold in what weather was concerned, but very warm it its spirit!
posted by Alina @ 10:44 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 3/02/2006 7:01 AM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    we don't have a tradition like that here in holland, it sounds a sweet way to welcome the "new year"

    our first day of meterological spring here was filled with hail, much snow and a bitingly cold wind...

     
  • At 3/02/2006 7:26 AM, Blogger Lorena said…

    i love spring. it will arrive here in 20 days. it is my favorite season.

    thanks for visiting :) hope you are doing well. i couldn't see the pic you were talking about?

     
  • At 3/02/2006 3:55 PM, Blogger Ali Ambrosio said…

    Hi Alina!

    What a beautiful orchid!!! I'm glad you're enjoying spring. Here it will be fall in 20 days, but with the heat you'd think we were still in full-blown summer.

    Keep well!
    Ali

     
  • At 3/03/2006 3:22 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    yeah we do not have this tradition here either. spring comes, and very very quickly is followed by summer!

    the orchid really is beautiful. enjoy!

     
  • At 3/05/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Bart, it's really a pitty! It's a really nice celebration, mostly hope-giving. Flowers and colorful gifts take over everything. Sure, it's crowdy, there are lots of kitch amulets, but it still is great somehow.

    Lorena, I am really sorry you could not see the picture! The amulets and especially the card are quite in this day's tradition.

    Ali, I envy you for the heat, really. I would change cold and windy for heat any day!

    Doshar, thank you! I have been enjoying it every day!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.