Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, February 24, 2006
The time management issue
It’s windy again. After a few days of 20+ temperatures, this is quite a burden. And I hate it! Yes, I am back to facing cold weather on my multiple places to go to days. Oh, well, will say it again, I hate it! So I am waiting for the spring again, hoping it will come to stay eventually, sometimes in mid-March would be perfect for me!

Speaking of months, there is a weird process with month February! I always expect it to be longer…And when things appear to be far from me, it hits me, it only has 28 days this year (sometimes 29)! And I loose my recently acquired tranquility. But never mind!

I decided (a very long time ago) that given the amount of different tasks per day I needed some real time management strategy. So I first started by firmly dividing my day and getting involved in some very practical time units allocation. Well, it did not work! So the conclusion of this failure is: school-like schedules are no good: they do not embed sudden changes of plans and it is hard to alter a very specific time table.

So I came up with another great idea: setting tasks as things to do for each day, without mentioning when exactly to do it. This new method does appear to give me a larger amount of freedom each day and everything can be postponed for the nigh. This way, finally accomplishing everything could be a great thing and I would not have to deal with minor failures as not being able to do a certain task when I had planned to do it.

You might wonder which the conclusion of this experiment is. Well, you will have to be patient for a while, I have only started it today! :D

Another thing, I took George’s example and found out what my blog is worth:



My blog is worth $20,887.98.
How much is your blog worth?

posted by Alina @ 12:55 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At 2/24/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    I'm planning to sell my blog and buy a house and a car, what do you say?

     
  • At 2/24/2006 8:21 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Good idea! We can get a one-room thingie and a second hand car! Or, wait, not that good though! Let's invest the money. Then we have to options: either loose it all or have it all! If we loose, we can always say easy come, easy go and look smart and not at all mundane :D

     
  • At 2/25/2006 12:28 AM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    A good book to read about time managment is 'First Things First'. Though I failed to manage my time, but others say it's of good use.

     
  • At 2/25/2006 3:01 AM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    My blog is apparently worth exactly $0.00.
    Well, they say the best things in life are free...

     
  • At 2/25/2006 5:58 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Moon, thanks for the recommendation. However, I feel this battle is with myself only :D

    Safyia, nevermind that! It is purely subjective :)And yes, most good things are free!

    Budding Rose, thanks for the visit and for the link.

     
  • At 2/25/2006 6:47 AM, Blogger tota said…

    I’m that type who doesn’t like to stick to schedules, sometimes I just put them to arrange in my mind what I’m supposed to do, but I rarely follow them, I don’t like working to rules … I believe that our lives flow easily & no challenge is too great to overcome when we are feeling motivated and fascinated.

     
  • At 2/25/2006 11:07 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Tota, you are partially right. However, motivated or not, I cannot help not wasting time...:)

     
  • At 2/26/2006 1:16 AM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    alina, from experience the challenges and the goals necessary to achieve differ at each moment in our lives... i make so many lists and try to do whatever's necessary in whatever timeframe...

    i've come up with the following... i try to designate priorities... things needing doing IMMEDIATELY which i usually get done as quickly as possible... then, things to get done, as soon as possible, which have a slightly lower priority and then... the rest which usually gets done, but sometimes gets forgotten along the way...

    having said all this, there are periods in my life in which I can hardly get anything done, lists and personal commands don't help and life just stagnates... perhaps a personal, depressive problem of my own but occasionally i need to keep on top of the things i've arranged to do or have promised...

    keep well...

     
  • At 2/26/2006 1:19 AM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    oh, and by the way, my blog was worth 0,00 (which equals nothing), but since i'm a rabid anti-capitalist anyway it doesn't bother me all that much... i just like to hear from people and how they life or try to survive their lives...

    cheers, sleep well ;-)

     
  • At 2/26/2006 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. Whenever you find out the secret of time management (and sticking to the plan), please share it with me.:) I need some discipline too.
    2. Do not forget we have to get together this week.
    3. Me, of course. :)

     
  • At 2/26/2006 2:18 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Bart, only one problem with your solution: all the things I cannot manage need my immediate attention :))

    C, sure :) to all your statements!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.