Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006
My 18 hour day of yesterday
As I had chosen to have a quiet Sunday, not doing anything at all, not studying, I paid the price on Monday. I woke up at 5.30 AM and started studying. The subject, Science of Commodities. A 120 page book containing all we have studied. At 12 I left, as the exam was at 1 PM and read a little more in the Metro. I had about 7 hours of non-stop studying which is more that I did for most of the exams...So I was pretty pleased with what I knew.

When I got to school I got the good news, or so I thought: multiple choice test format, only one correct answer (Romanians have this habit of sometimes complicating things: you can have one correct answere, two, all, none, but this time it was the easy way!). Then I received the test sheet...After leaving it on the teachers desk I still did not know what I had done. Was it ok, was it not ok? This came as a surprise to me, as I can always tell precisely how good I did. And most of the times I undervalue my work compared to the teacher’s grade. Well, this time I think I’ll pass, but have no predictions about the grade!

After the exam I went to work as I was on the second shift, from 3 PM. On my morning rush I had forgotten my food home, so about 4-5 PM in the afternoon I was dead hungry and had nothing to eat (the catering company had already left as they had nothing more to sell). Oh, well, I managed to convince another three colleagues to order pizza, which we did, so I got my first real meal at about 8 in the evening. After three more hours, I was on my way home. I was here around 11.30 PM and all I could do was change and go to sleep...

The good news: I have only one more exam left! This will be next Tuesday and then I am home free! Actually, not that free, cause there still is the online class with DeSales and the license paper which I am determined to do great, but anyway, I’ll still have 5 days with no school! Then, round two...

Other good news: my pshichosociology results: another 10! A nice addition to my other group of three such grades. Actually the only one im my group and from what I saw on the list there was about one such grade per group. A little harsh to my opinion, but oh well...
posted by Alina @ 9:56 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 1/31/2006 11:10 AM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    Congrats on the result. Keep that up!

     
  • At 1/31/2006 2:26 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    excellent results... well done and keep up the good work...
    how on earth do you study on a metro with all the noise and nonsense around you?
    I already have trouble concentrating if a radio is on :-(

     
  • At 1/31/2006 2:40 PM, Blogger loloma said…

    Congrats from me as well! It was the same in my uni, we used to have those multiple choice tests with "multiple" answers possible. I remember how much I hated them...

     
  • At 1/31/2006 5:35 PM, Blogger Ali Ambrosio said…

    Hi Alina!

    Thanks for checking out my blog. I do believe you are my first Bulgarian blog-friend. I look forward to following your writing.

    Your post made me remember what it was like to be a student around exam time. I definitely miss some things about student life, but must say that I am also happy to be done with that phase in life.

    Anyhow, good job on your results!

    best,
    Ali

     
  • At 1/31/2006 7:08 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thank you Shi, you too Mon!

    Bart, when you have to, you study anywhere. How? It is called fear of flunking I believe :D

    Lo, thanks. It was not like that, but it still completely blured me...

    Ali, thanks for returning the visit. However, I am Romanian, not Bulgarian...:)Sofia is the capital city of Bulgaria, I am from Bucharest. But don't worry, even the great Phill Colins got us two nations mixed up :)

     
  • At 2/01/2006 3:52 AM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    I'm stunned you can study at 5.30 in the morning, my brain is still in bed!
    Congratulations on your results so far, I hope it all goes well for you.

    As for Phil Collins, he's gone even further down in my estimation ;-)

     
  • At 2/01/2006 9:12 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Safiya, it is not about can/cannot it is about can I postpone it even longer than the morning before the exam? The answer was no!

    As for Phill, I forgave him after the concert and since then I enjoy mixing the "l"s in his name :D

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.