Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, January 27, 2006
One year of blogging…
I stay here at our desk and am hitting the keyboard without looking at it (yeah, I can do that!, although changing keyboards twice a day kinda takes away some of my skills for a short while) and looking at this blog of mine…We shared one amazing year together…We had our over 10,000 visitors and our several hundreds of comments. We have our blogger friends list and our nice little colorful “gadgets”…And we absolutely love the relationship that we share!

I kind of started this blog for all the bad reasons: I was depressed, a bit lonely and quite unsure of myself. I didn’t like who I had become all that much…Well, that has changed since April last year! I got back to being me just as I remembered myself: loving me at times, being completely angry with myself at others, but always with a positive attitude…Got back to the bright colors I mostly wear, read a bit more often and got a great job in the meantime…Oh, did I mention that my salary was doubled? Yeah, it was, so I can say I am quite proud of what I did here in less than six months, considering I also had school, a quite time-consuming relationship and just about enough time hanging with my friends.

Something I changed for the next year: the name I use to post…Kayla Vincent was a nice hideout for a while. But now I’m so into being me, that I will use my own name. It won’t be much of a revealer anyway! People who actually want to know me don’t need my real name to do that!

I would really like to thank all of you who have been reading my blog, to all that have commented here and have become close. The people I can always count to try to understand me, agree or disagree, enjoy debating or just sharing with me…No need to fill in the names, you all know yourselves!
posted by Alina @ 8:17 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At 1/27/2006 8:59 PM, Blogger Twain said…

    Wow, Alina, congrats! I'm having an espresso brownie and a latte in your honor. It was great to meet you in the blogosphere and I'm looking forward to your posts and your transformation along with them. Keep it coming! Best, Raluca

     
  • At 1/27/2006 9:41 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    dear alina/kayla/elena...

    we've known each other since the end of last july and it's been an honour to be able to travel with you since then :D

    we've shared much, supported each other, read each others minds occasionally and laughed a lot, for all of which i'm truly grateful...

    looking forward to the next year... thanks for being around ;-)

     
  • At 1/27/2006 11:20 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    Happy first anniversary to your blog Alina :)

    I’m happy to know that through this year you’ve been progressing for better.. thank you for being here among us sharing your ups and downs and being a good friend.

    May your coming years will be always from good to great, and you keep sharing your moments of success with us.

     
  • At 1/28/2006 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    out of curiosity, what determined you to start using your real name on this blog?

     
  • At 1/28/2006 9:07 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Mon, thanks! You are so sweet! And you do not have to thank me, I just showed you my blog to brag! :))

    Bart, for the sake of accuracy, I am Alina-Elena Popescu aka Kayla Vincent aka Elena Cristian (actually this was the first name other than mine I ever chose and I did it when I wanted to be a famous writer) :)

    Thank you for your constant support, for reading my blog so often, but mostly for your great posts!

    Moon, thanks so much!Especially for considering me a good friend! May the next years bring my close to Egypt as I would love to meet everyone there in person :).

    Sin, what can I say, some of the reasons are in the post. Actually, I like using my name more than nicks, I guess, but when I started this blog I wasn't very happy with myself and needed an AKA. Also, name Vincent was a little tribute to an obsession of mine, Vin Diesel, whose real name is Mark Vincent..:D.
    So, I did it cause I felt it was time, cause I am so pleased whith myself and for the sake of I dunno...some journalistic habbits in signing what I write..

     
  • At 1/28/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Raluca, you deserved a separate comment...how can you have an espresso brownie and a latte without me??? :) Kidding, enjoy, as I will enjoy the fact that someone is having them in my honor!

     
  • At 1/28/2006 8:14 PM, Blogger tota said…

    well it has been so much fun to share this year with u Alina :) although it was for me just couple of months, u allowed us to share with u thoughts & live with u some of ur adventures, happiness & worries
    as I said before, really blogging has a different taste & u add a special flavor to it when u r around, happy anniversary

     
  • At 1/29/2006 4:40 AM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    Your real name is so pretty. Thank you for sharing it with us.

     
  • At 1/29/2006 9:33 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Tota, thank you! For the things we shared on our blogs and on other media, for always having something nice, refreshing and supportive to say to me! Even if it there have only been a few months, this is only the beggining, no?

    Safiya, thank you! Although it being pretty was never one of the reasons to share it :), I like hearing nice things about it.

     
  • At 2/04/2006 10:08 AM, Blogger LouLou said…

    Ok Alina if you like it better.:)

    A very happy Belated blogging birthday. And many happy blogging returns.:)

     
  • At 2/05/2006 8:17 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Lou, thanks, I hope you will also keep blogging for as long as I am around.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.