Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Saturday, March 04, 2006
Morning Confidence
I came home today, after a night’s work, feeling I could do it all: everything I needed to do and everything I wished I could do…My job, my schools, my reading and my writing, all seemed so much easier all of the sudden…

Blame it on the beautiful sunset, blame it on the wonderful movie I have seen…I am happy for this feeling and I am planning to enjoy it.

Talking about the movie, I strongly recommend the Shadow Dancer, an amazing story about writing and not writing, about love and loss, about choosing the half-shadowed ways of a dream life instead of being satisfied by your clear, dull, practical life.

Here is the review in IMDB, a pretty good rating, yet very little information on the actual movie. You can see a more detailed review here.
posted by Alina @ 7:58 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 3/04/2006 1:14 PM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    Night shifts are strange like that. Sometimes you finish them and it's all you can do not to collapse on the pavement and your life feels like work, sleep, work.

    Then there are other times when you finish, and there is the delicious sensation of going home while everyone one else is going to work. Your thoughts seem really clear, the morning looks beautiful and life feels like it's brimming with possibilities.

     
  • At 3/04/2006 3:30 PM, Blogger tota said…

    motivated and fascinated ... so nothing is great to be achieved :)

    if the movie is the way u described it Kayla, then it's my favourite style of movies, i will try to see it!

     
  • At 3/04/2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    keep the spirit Alina:)

     
  • At 3/05/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Safyia, you are absolutely great in describing this options. However, for me there are also some other types of morning shifts: those followed by school :(. The worst by far..

    Tota, I am pretty sure you would quite enjoy the movie. It has this warm spirit that makes even cliches look good!

    Wonderer, I will try to keep it for as long as I can!

     
  • At 3/07/2006 7:03 AM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    they're exciting moments, alina... moments that can produce flashes of insight when you least expect them...
    glad to read you're on top of things, the feeling of control and contentment in life is worth so much... keep well...

     
  • At 3/07/2006 9:15 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    if the movie can make you feel this way, i would really try to see it!

     
  • At 3/08/2006 7:07 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Bart, it was indeed a moment of revelation and I enjoyed it as much as I could. As for being on top of things...well, I still have to work on that a bit :)

    Doshar, it wasn't only the movie, but it did help a lot!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.