Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Saturday, July 29, 2006
The New Job
It’s official since yesterday. On the 10th of August I am leaving from my current company and then, on the 14th joining a different one. I will start as a technical writer and if all goes well, continue with PR and marketing, both directions using a lot more of what I have learned in FJSC.

This was not an easy decision. Actually, it was the hardest job related decision I’ve ever had to make. Because I have great colleagues and friends here, because I’ve never have had major issues to deal with and other such painful reasons. Yes, the new job is a quite interesting opportunity and I will no longer work in shifts. Besides, they will grant me the flexibility I need to get to school once in a while.

I am quite enthusiastic about the new company and job, however, I cannot help feeling sad for leaving! Vali, my boss, is already working on making me feel bad. He has given me one of the toys on his desk, a tiny cello singing donkey. He said I should see it every day and feel bad about leaving :).

It will be hard to say goodbye, but I need to move on and follow my own path. Also, I am quite sure that they will remain my friends afterwards. And we will keep seeing each other and keep having loads of fun.

Other than that, I am enjoying my car each day. And I am going to Constanta today with K and Cris, who needs a ride to there. It actually is a quite big day for me and K tomorrow, it’s our one year anniversary and we are going to spend it at the seaside!



I LOVE YOU!

Tags: Alina, Career, Love
posted by Alina @ 12:13 PM  
19 Comments:
  • At 7/29/2006 2:44 PM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    Best of luck Alina.

     
  • At 7/29/2006 6:56 PM, Blogger rama said…

    Hi, glad to have discovered your blog, I look forward to going through your archive. Invite you to come by my blog too! Best, rama

     
  • At 7/29/2006 9:05 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Shi, thanks so much!

    Rama, thanks for the visit, will do my best to return it as soon as possible. :)

     
  • At 7/30/2006 6:33 AM, Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said…

    I am so happy for you, Alina! I know you will do well as your pursue your new adventure.

    I am not surprised that your current boss is going to miss you. He knows a talented employee when he sees one!

     
  • At 7/30/2006 7:59 AM, Blogger rama said…

    Hi Alina, thanks for visiting Cuckoos Call. I have a close friend in Bucharest, and I hope its only a question of time before I visit! All the best, rama

     
  • At 7/30/2006 7:21 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    DCS, thanks so much! You are a bit to kind to me! :)

    Hey, Rama, you're welcome! Wow, it would be nice to meet a fellow blogger in person :)

     
  • At 7/30/2006 10:18 PM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    All the best for your new job and congratulations on you and K's anniversary.

     
  • At 7/31/2006 2:40 PM, Blogger Sim said…

    It will all be fine in the end, you'll see. It was hard for me to go also, and sometimes I'm sorry for it and I wish I could go back. But there is a good side: you will still see the people at work and you will have free weekends to go and see K. Congrats by the way!

    Hope I can see you soon, and I hope you had a great time at the seaside.

    P.D.: You missed an "w" in the link to the BD site ;)

     
  • At 7/31/2006 7:41 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Safiya, thanks so much.

    Sim, I know it is hard, but I am now sure I did the right thing, we'll talk more on this when you come here.

    As for the "w" thinks, corrected it! :)

     
  • At 8/01/2006 1:18 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Kayo, thanks for the visit and your wishes! Hope you enjoy yourself in the blogosphere!

     
  • At 8/01/2006 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As they say, only thing constant is change. And a change is always for the better, but sometimes we may realise that only retrospectively.

     
  • At 8/01/2006 6:32 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    True, change is a constant part of your life and I do believe most things happen for a reason, therefore the change might be for the better.

     
  • At 8/02/2006 12:27 AM, Blogger paris parfait said…

    All the best for your new job! And congrats on your anniversary. No doubt you'll have a wonderful celebration!

     
  • At 8/03/2006 12:14 PM, Blogger Ali Ambrosio said…

    Yay, Alina!!!

    Congratulations on the new opportunity, I'm sure you will do wonderfully at your new job. I also am not surprised that your boss will miss you - you seem like such a dilligent and responsible person.

    And happy 1 year anniversary. I hope you choose something wonderful to celebrate.

     
  • At 8/03/2006 3:52 PM, Blogger tota said…

    All nice events always … Congrats on ur new job, happy anniversary with K & enjoy ur new car ( as I got that it's new ), ur late boss is really cute :)

     
  • At 8/04/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    Happy first anniversary & wish you best of luck with your new job.

     
  • At 8/07/2006 7:02 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Pris Parfait, thanks so much for your wishes!

    Ali, thanks, you seem to trust me more than I do!

    Tota, thanks so much! And yes, my boss is great!

    Thanks, Moon, hope I'll do ok in both "fields" :)

     
  • At 8/12/2006 11:56 PM, Blogger Abrar said…

    Good luck with the new job Alina!! Its always a risk going to a new place, but remember every new opportunity brings with itself its own set of surprises!!

    Btw, just to tell you 14th August is the independence day of Pakistan!! hehehhee

     
  • At 8/17/2006 2:45 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Gerald, thanks for your comments and for all your appreciation. Hope you keep visiting and commenting here!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.