Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006
A night in Cuba
The club called Cuba is considered one of the high-class clubs in Bucharest. It is one of the most popular outdoors clubs, big enough not to have people bumping into you every 5 seconds. Two different sets of DJs provide two different sets of music in different areas of the club. Different types of tables, different types of dancing spots and various types of people.

I went to this club Saturday evening with K and Cris and another friend of hers, Alex. They have this 30 RON entrance fee (about 10 USD) which is then converted into drinks. So for these 30 RON, you get two 15 RON tickets. This policy of turning the entrance fee into money for drinks is quite appealing. You would buy something to drink anyway…What I didn’t like though, is that if you buy something that is worth 8 RON, you will not get change. This to me seemed stupid as they do get the entire cash from the entrance and those tickets are not needed for accounting, I am sure.

Other than that, and a not so appealing restroom (I happen to believe two toilet cabins are really not enough for a club that can hold many hundreds of people), the atmosphere was extremely thrilling. People dancing, laughing, having fun. Guys making a purpose from drooling on the dancers…You have everything you might want from a club!

For me it had been a long time since dancing in a club. So I was quite thrilled to be there, dancing my heart out and feeling ultimately free and happy. I wish I could do this more often, go dance and forget about everything else! Luckily, I have a boyfriend that loves dancing just as much as I do.

Tags: Clubs, Dancing, Entertainment

posted by Alina @ 9:06 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7/25/2006 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi ,

    I really like your blog, it's cute and informative:) Besides, you seem to be a very nice person too.

    About the entrance fee to clubs, the club you mentioned seems to copy the american clubs. Here too you they convert the entrance fee into drinks and they don't give you the change. And that is a good situation, as most of the clubs have a separate entrance fee that is converted into...money in their pockets and that's it, cause you'll have to pay to get drinks...

    Alicia,

    Washington DC

     
  • At 7/25/2006 5:09 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thanks for the visit, Alicia! There are such clubs here also, having a separate fee, but that is usually lower. And if you judge by the money they get by not giving change, then they do have a nonrefundable entrace fee anyway!

     
  • At 7/26/2006 10:48 PM, Blogger Ali Ambrosio said…

    Lucky you to have a boyfriend that likes to dance. I seem to have fallen in love with one of only 453 brasilians on this planet that don't dance. Not just don't like dancing, don't dance at all.

     
  • At 7/26/2006 10:51 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Ali, that was really unexpected! :)But I can bet he wouldn't mind seeing you dancing in a club! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.