Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, July 06, 2006
Looking down the list
These days I’m doing my best to keep myself buys. Why? Well, two reason. The surface reason: I am tired of feeling I am wasting so much time. The depth reason: with K moving to Constanta, keeping busy is a way to help me cope with it better.

Therefore I sketched some guidelines for this week and will do so for future weeks. I’ve spent three (starting fourth) days waking up early, blogging and reading blogs for an hour while drinking my coffee, then moving to my hour of reading, then moving to my Turkish lesson (yeah, I’ve started learning it), then getting ready for work and arriving there 15 minutes or more earlier to have my coffee. Sounds busy? Well, still didn’t get much done of what I’m supposed to do.

Weird enough, most of the tasks I’m behind with are work-related. Partly my fault (after 7 hours of work the eight is low productivity anyway), partly the other’s leaves which left us with a larger workload. As for the non-work tasks, well I have a whole Saturday to myself to take care of that…

After talking with Cris yesterday about which path to take in life, I discovered I am postponing this decision of mine. So maybe this is another reason for keeping so busy. I know I still have unis to finish, a master’s degree to start next year, so I would rather spend the next two years getting some more work experience and learning all I can. I have pretty impressive plans, the issue is how to stick to them. Tricky issue…

Related to customer care: I’ve developed a serious issue regarding the word “problem” in any language. A general recommendation is to avoid this word. Use issue, matter, error, but not problem because customers tend to panic. So now, I find it hard to use even in real life. Same for negations. This might turn into a generally more positive attitude for me, looking for the upsides, not downsides, solutions instead of problems. Still, “problem” is a hard word to avoid in day to day life, especially when you use “No problem” as reassuring.

posted by Alina @ 7:44 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 7/06/2006 5:07 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    i know the feeling, it's an unconscious form of procrastination because you're unwilling or unable to face issues involved... i do it all the time i'm afraid... :P

    instead of saying "no problem", try the well-worn australian expression "no worries, mate" ;-)

    keep well...

     
  • At 7/06/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Bart, thanks so much for the word suggestion! :D ANd yeah, it is a hideout...

     
  • At 7/07/2006 11:42 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    Alina, I wonder how could you do all this before going to work!! I hardly find time to drink my morning tea..

     
  • At 7/08/2006 1:00 AM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    Alina, you always say how you don't get enough done, but you seem to work harder at more things then anyone I know!

    Is K moving to Turky permanently?

     
  • At 7/08/2006 4:51 AM, Blogger Ali Ambrosio said…

    Alina, I know so very well how you feel!!!

    Ricardo leaves in less than 20 days. I can't believe it is so soon. Granted, he will only be away for about 4 months, but I think this period is more difficult becuase I'm not living in my hometown, or even a place where I have friends or a job outside my house to distract myself.

    I want to keep busy as well during this period. Work will help, but it isn't enough.

    I've decided to start writing a book!!!!! Something exciting, all of my own, will definitely help with the loneliness and tough times.

     
  • At 7/08/2006 7:50 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Moon, the answer to your question is quite easy: my work is shift-based and this week I started at 1 pm mostly. So between 7 something am when I woke up and 12 when I left there was enough time for coffee, breakfast and all the rest :)


    Safiya, well, it might seem so. But that list is huge :)

    K is not moving to Turkey, thank God, he is Moving to Constanta, a different city, still Romania, and he will be there for at least a year.

    Ali, hope I can help you stay distracted during this period! I am sure if it was not for my friends here and my job, this would seem a lot worse. Moreover, school is starting in October...

    As for writing a book, I almost gave that up years ago when I thought maybe I wasnb't born to be a great writer...The finished and unfinished books in my drawer still feel offended :D

     
  • At 7/08/2006 2:07 PM, Blogger Me said…

    You do sound busy!
    Hope you manage to "stick to your plans" ... or better still change them for better if they need to be changed!

     
  • At 7/08/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Me, thanks! I am trying to and I hope so too! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.