Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006
First Woman to be General Attorney after 1989
Justice Minister Monica Macovei (yes, also a woman), made a surprise nomination for the position of Romania’s General Attorney: Laura Codruta Kovesi, head of the Sibiu office of the Organized Crime and Anti-Terrorism Unit or DIICOT.

The future General Attorney will not have an easy job. She must reorganize the structure of the Prosecutors offices in order to increase their efficiency and solve many important files that have been halted due to the lack of an Attorney General.

Full story in Romanian here and a summary in English here.

The new General Attorney is also quite young, only 33. Maybe she will have the needed fresh and determined spirit to make all these changes for the better.

Tags: Romania, General Attorney, Women Officials
posted by Alina @ 10:20 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.