Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, September 22, 2006
Watching the World through an Umbrella

On rainy mornings, 9 am seems like sometime late in the afternoon. Everyone drinking something hot, coffee, chocolate or tea, the lights open and a warm feeling you have from being inside while you see the clouds outside. I would simply love to spend days like this in bed, reading, writing and drinking warm drinks only.

Since K and I bought the transparent umbrella in Bran (the rain had caught us there), I love walking in the rain. It seems you get more light, you see everything, you see people approaching, although they only see bits of you, you look up and see the sky, blurry a bit because of the drops on your umbrella, but the sky is there to enchant your eyes.

And after it had rained for a while and the sidewalk is all shinny, you can also see your reflection while walking. Like in a mirror, seeing another you walking in a different reality with different Physics rules. A travel companion to smile back at you if you smile.

A little drop getting on your face before hiding under the umbrella, the fresher air, it helps you wake up easily. Rainy days are not depressing at all if you learn to enjoy their little pleasures.

Tags: Rain, Alina, Alina Popescu

posted by Alina @ 9:25 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 9/22/2006 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Photos speak for themselves to me. Nice collection.

     
  • At 9/22/2006 7:33 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Glad you liked them Shi

     
  • At 9/23/2006 1:41 AM, Blogger Naomi said…

    "Rainy days are not depressing at all if you learn to enjoy their little pleasures." How true!

     
  • At 9/23/2006 8:00 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    True indee. Thank's for the visit, Naomi!

     
  • At 9/23/2006 7:41 PM, Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said…

    How I wish I had a transparent umbrella. I love rainy days. Charming post.

     
  • At 9/23/2006 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who needs to shelter from rain?

     
  • At 9/24/2006 1:57 AM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    Beautiful post, makes me want to buy a transparent umbrella.

    I love the rain too!

     
  • At 9/24/2006 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rain is not depressing at all... unless it's half past eight, I've slept two or three hours and I have to be at work at 9. that would not give me the time to enjoy, but it would give me the time to hate the rain. I love rain in any other moment, more than I love the sun. And I love the cold winter days, when the snow is all over and I'm home, watching from the window while I drink a hot tea or coffee.

    Precious post!

     
  • At 9/24/2006 6:02 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Deb, I am sure you can easily find one :)

    Doll, some do...

    Safiya, same to you, you should try it, it really makes rainy days feel different.

    Sim, those days when I'm in and just watch from the window are the days I love winter the most. In the rest of the days, well, we don't bond that well :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.