Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Saturday, October 21, 2006
The Office

It was warm inside the office. Farther parts were dark and desks were empty. Few people were there already. My computer turned on, headphones on my ears, I was listening to When the Body Speaks of Depeche Mode while enjoying my first coffee with milk of the day. It was a quiet, relaxed atmosphere and the music seemed to come from all around, surrounding the entire office and being the best song ever to be listened to on such a morning. Those who were already there also had their headphones on. Each of them listening to a different kind of music.

As we cannot really hear each other, we wave when there’s something to say. Or C, with his distinct manner, would send a “boo” on IM. And then laugh when you take off the headphones. It feels cozy to be in the office in the morning. Silent, peaceful, certainly not crowded. The same happens after 7 pm, but it’s not quite the same, as the whole freshness of the morning is lost and everyone is quite tired.

Someone, an ex-colleague, suddenly asked me how I was doing. We were not close. He asked me if I was getting bored writing documentation. I thought yeah, right! Although it is not true, I felt a little offended. My job, boring? Would I ever choose something like that. Yeah, it’s sometimes tiring and I really don’t feel like writing all the time, but bored? When there is something new, to do or to document, every day? I am waiting for that time, after the release when things will go steady, will mostly write white papers and I’ll have time to learn more on mail servers and Linux/Unix in general.

There is much to learn in each position, I think. Getting bored would mean there is something wrong in your approach. Or maybe just doing something you really dislike could lead to something similar. None of these being my case, thank God!

Speaking of my job, if you are familiar with Linux and mail servers, and would like to win an iPod, try your best!
posted by Alina @ 8:07 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 10/21/2006 11:48 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    i'm glad i can understand where you're coming from... i'm almost frantic trying to keep up with all the changes and indecisiveness in the organisation which almost paralyses any innovative moves at the moment... i'm working on it, but there's so much sadness and despair at moments, i'd almost want to quit instead of trying to get the things promised together in an appropriate time scheme...

    keep well, sleep well and relax, OK? ;-)

     
  • At 10/22/2006 5:23 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, Bart, I wish you could experience the adventure within this company for a while. As they are quite fresh on the market, innovation is all they want, in any direction. But there are so much things to do...Relax? I am trying, but now I am interesting in new ideas for projects to get involved in :D

     
  • At 10/22/2006 7:25 PM, Blogger in2deep said…

    this is my first time on your blog, and i really like the way you write. i had to comment and let you know:)

     
  • At 10/22/2006 7:40 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thanks so much for the visit, in2deep! Hope you will come here again.

     
  • At 10/22/2006 8:33 PM, Blogger Cristina Banu said…

    As for the fast rhythm of change in everything nowadays, I am excited of trying to find out new discoveries and try to get involved in as many projects as possible. If only the day would have 35 hours...

     
  • At 10/23/2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Cris, I've been wishing for such a day in sooo looong! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.