Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Belated Tag - Thinking Blogger
Three bloggers have tagged me with the Thinking Blogger Award. I cannot begin to tell you how flattered I feel! So thank you Ilya, Mig and Om Luji (in the order of their tags). I am really grateful for even considering my blog!

So, which are the rules?
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.
As I have been tagged 3 times, I will name 15 blogs! Easier that way, as there are many great blogs to choose from. Task no.3 will be done as soon as I get more time to play with my template.

1. Bart's Daze of our Lives - I always leave his blog with a new perspective. Sometimes it only takes him an image and a few words to make you ponder on a certain issue. And his comments have the same nature as his posts, they always make room for more thinking.

2. DCS - a world of media, education, politics, social affairs, it is all laid down before your eyes. Her entries always spark debates. She has not been posting that much lately, hope to see her back in business soon enough.

3. A Message from Within Haal - this historian Scorpio's blog was one of the first I've read. It's been two years since I first found it and I still read every little entry she posts. She was a gateway to a new side of the blogosphere and she is the "person to blame" for most of the Egyptian bloggers you see in my blogroll.

4. Irene - unfortunately for some of my readers, her blog is in Romanian. She has a unique style, taking her readers in a world where fantasy replaces reality in day to day life. It is a great getaway from the numbness and routine our repetitive lives sometimes generate.

5. LouLou's Renderings - An Arab, African, Muslim, female take on this fast-changing, ever-evolving world, as she describes it. I'd say it is genuine, loving, honest, passionate, powerful writing, and the list could go on.

6. Mihaela Lica (Mig) - eWritings - When Dio told me I should visit Mig's blog, I had no idea she was Romanian. That was a great surprise. An even bigger surprise was her blog. Besides great posts from specific fields, interesting weekly recommendations (she is one of the most up to date blogosphere readers) and interviews with blogging gurus such as Liz Strauss and Diogenes, Mig is one of the best moderators I've seen. Although focused, her blog is never limited to a specific range of topics, and that's what I love most.

7. From Cairo, With Love, Mohamed. - He hasn't been blogging that much in over a year. Therefore each update of his surprises me. I still recommend reading his archives. And yes, I still hope you'll one day blog again, at least on a weekly basis :)

8. Journey to Naomi - a journey through life's sorrows and joys, a place breathing so much optimism after she has faced situations that would turn most of us into bitter, pessimistic creatures. A place where to seek refuge and hope.

9. Om Luji's Edge of Reason - There's an interesting quote on her blog: "The world we have created is a product of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking." Albert Einstein. And that's exactly what she's doing: trying to broaden views, to change ways of thinking when they are narrow minded. And she does that wonderfully.

10. Omer's Over a Mile - Some take great photos. Some are good with words. Omer turns photography and words into a perfect mix. Each of these mixes tells a different story, you can never think you've seen or heard it all.

11. Safiya's Outlines - Where should I start? Well, she describes her current status perfectly: "Mid twenties Muslim convert lady". It is only part of all that she is and all that she can be. Yes, she has to fight prejudice, lack of tolerance and down right bitter comments most of the times. She does a great job in keeping her path and trying to influence others for the best.

12. Sarah's Mumblings - This is her third blog. She has had her blogged hacked into and taken over twice. She never gave up speaking her mind, proving to be strong and determined. She's smart and cute too and you can easily tell that from reading her blog.

13. Shirazi's Light Within - well, this is what I call a blogging guru. First he turned his blog into a successful one, then he attracted other bloggers in this project. He updates other blogs on different themes and is an excellent travel writer. He also writes for different online magazines and keeps a full time job. I have no clue how he can handle all this! He's one of my blogging heroes really.

14. Ryan's Debate Channel - This is a very new project of my "little brother" Ryan. And I think it's a wonderful idea, as I have said before. There's always a Q in curiosity, and Ryan is determined to find it, describe and debate it. I am sure this can turn into a wonderful experience, with a little input from all of us.

15. Tota's Mystic Contemplations - She sees life as "a luminous halo, a semi-transparent envelope surrounding us from the beginning of consciousness to the end". That is only one small glance at her wonderful way of thinking. She is going through a very rough time right now so she needs all of our support.

All those mentioned here can consider themselves tagged. Take your time in completing it! I am sorry I had only these few number of people to nominate.

BTW, did you notice Mig's new cool template? :P Congrats on that

Labels: , , ,

posted by Alina @ 11:38 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 5/08/2007 9:38 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    Thank you for the nominalization, but I won't be doing the tag too soon. Not until I feel I deserve it, that is. Just look at all these amazing blogs you named here. And then there's mine...

     
  • At 5/09/2007 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you, sweetie! That was unexpected. So the tag is back to me you mean. :) Now I have to tag five more bloggers. That's hard. It's really hard to have to choose five of the blogs I read, becuase... well because every blogger is special, every blogger has something to say... every blogger brings her/his own value into this WWW...World (you know what I mean!)

    Thank you for your warm words. They heal my heart. But you are always so kind. That's no surprise...

    Love you, girl!

     
  • At 5/10/2007 4:54 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Ryan, your initiative deserves it. And you deserve it, you cannot change my mind :P

    Mig, thank you for your comment. I know it is hard! I had 15 and it still wasn't enough :) Love ya too :)

     
  • At 5/14/2007 3:02 AM, Blogger Om Luji said…

    Thanks a lot Alina. I'm truely honored and flattered. Thanks for all the nice things you said about my blog and for introducing me to all those wonderful blogs which I didn't know about.

     
  • At 5/14/2007 11:16 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    You're very welcome. You and your blog deserved every word I said. Hope you liked the blogs on the list :)

     
  • At 5/19/2007 3:59 PM, Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said…

    I am so surprised - and honored - to make your list. Thank you for your kind words. The other sites on your list are fabulous! These bloggers truly are at the top of their game. And you, my friend, DEFINITELY deserve to be cited as a "Thinking Blogger."

    Yes, I've been MIA for while, but I look forward to posting regularly again.

    Thanks again!

     
  • At 5/21/2007 8:16 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Deb, thank you for your kind words. It is really great to see you back! :)

     
  • At 5/22/2007 10:58 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    thank you alina, you've been wonderful with your kind words ;-)

    part of the joy of blogging is that i get to meet so many truly wonderful people who have something to say... some don't seem able to rise above the "did-this and done-that" level, others treat us to incisive and deliberate confrontations with the world around us, others again display an intelligence and empathy which provokes response in so many different ways...

    i'm still trying to beat down the mental paralysis which haunts my daily doings, but you, my dear, have managed to combine so many qualities of a sincere and enquiring mind, looking this way and that, not accepting the status quo at face value and blazing forth on crusades of your own, fighting them on your own terms...

    i'm proud to have met you, almost two years ago... keep well ;-)

     
  • At 5/23/2007 9:34 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thank you so much Bart! Your comment, as always, is really overwhelming. I am really glad I have met you (yes, it's been almost two years) and am honored to call you my friend.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.