Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Yes, I am such a show off
Well, the name's day celebration went quite well. I got some cookies for my colleagues and it was a needed break on a crazy day. A new version launched on such an important day for me, cool! My first press release was also published on the company website and on several PR sites.

But this is all nothing compared to what I found out the next day. First, I received a weird looking email about the wordsofabrokenmirror.com domain. So I treated it with the delete button, as I of course thought it was spam. Then Trisi asked me on Yahoo IM if I had received an email from them. I said no. She of course got worried and told she and her boyfriend G had bought the domain for me, for a year!!!

I could recover the lost email. Thank God there is no Shift+Delete in Yahoo! So I got my very own .com domain!!! Thank you so much, Trisi, it was indeed one of the greatest presents ever! Now D is supposed to help out with transferring all my data to the new domain, which comes with free hosting. I had to pick between Windows and Linux free hosting, so I chose Linux :P

Labels: , ,

posted by Alina @ 9:36 AM  
12 Comments:
  • At 5/23/2007 10:38 AM, Blogger boyarul said…

    That's so nice of him...
    what will new domain look like?

     
  • At 5/23/2007 10:45 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    You are referring to D, I guess...Yes, it is really nice of him. I don't know, I hope it will look a lot like my current template. I am definitely keeping the header and logo :)

     
  • At 5/23/2007 4:24 PM, Blogger LouLou said…

    Alina,

    Happy St.Elena's Day.:)

    Cool present to have. And yes, Redhat is a great choice. I'm proud of you.

     
  • At 5/23/2007 4:42 PM, Blogger Zu said…

    Sounds great. You've been having a lot of nice events in your life lately, so congratulations for all of them - way to go! :-)

     
  • At 5/23/2007 4:57 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thank you Lou! I do not support any linux distro to he honest. I don't care if it's RedHat Enterprise Linux, Suse or whatever else as long as it is not Window :P

    Zu, thank you so much!

     
  • At 5/24/2007 2:33 AM, Blogger Mihaela Lica Butler said…

    As I said, sweetie, do not transfer all the data. Start fresh. I think we should chat about this. I'll explaind everything, but don't trasfer your content from here to a new domain!

     
  • At 5/24/2007 8:27 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thanks for the advice, Mig, I think I can import the content and also keep it here :) Sure, I'd love to chat more about this and have your input on the matter :)

     
  • At 5/27/2007 6:03 PM, Blogger Mihaela Lica Butler said…

    keeping the same content here and there will make it duplicate. duplicate content is not indexed by google and sometimes it even gets penalized.

    the new domain has no google PR yet. here you have a PR3 and that helps with the paid reviews and all...

    I suggest you take only the best of wobm to the other blog and write different entries here and there. I have a blogspot blog too, which I use mainly to make money... :) That blog and ewritings are really different.

     
  • At 5/28/2007 9:27 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hmm, then this is not good...I guess I will keep both for a while, and try to post different entries. And when the new domain gets a good PR...I will move most of my blogging there. I'll have to see, i guess...I would not want to give up my archives when moving...

     
  • At 5/28/2007 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I was away for a week from your blog and updates in general, shame on me, may your blog bring you lots of happiness, sweetie. :)

     
  • At 5/28/2007 2:28 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thanks sis. So did ya like the new Label :D

     
  • At 5/28/2007 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very much so! :*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.