Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Stories from Greece #1
On our first night in Athens, after walking around the hotel for a short while, we eventually found a restaurant. We were all starving, so "pizza, bar, restaurant" was music to our ears. We all ordered pizza. Silvi, my mom and I took two family sized pizzas, to mix the flavor, while bf ordered another one for himself. Little did D know about how long it will actually take to get his pizza as they were kind of understaffed that night.

What to drink, we asked? Well, a local beer, what else! We checked the menu and also asked our waiter, who was a pretty crazy and dizzy fellow, which of the beers was local. And he recommended Mythos. Silviana and I smiled at each other. Yes, we had the same character in mind, another Methos! Yes, my friends, the oldest of the immortals from the Highlander series! Mythos beer was our instant choice. Well, all except my mom, who ordered a Heineken.

How does it taste? Well, it tastes like Romanian cheap beer...But who cared? It had to be local! I for one thought the others where to picky. I personally loved the beer, as it was kind of sweet and not that strong, so I could actually drink an entire bottle.

The pizza was great though! My friend Cris was right when she told me about what great pizza the Greeks made! Yes, I know, not really local food, but when you are starving and you get Mythos for the local touch, does it really matter?

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Alina @ 10:04 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 5/16/2007 2:17 PM, Blogger Beatrice said…

    I guess it doesn't, :P, though I wish you could try my pizza, then I'll see if you like any other better, hehehe.

     
  • At 5/16/2007 5:31 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Sis, I will taste your pizza soon enough :P I am sure it will be the greatest ever!

     
  • At 5/19/2007 1:02 PM, Blogger CaliforniaKat said…

    Mythos is quite bad, but like you said, who cares? When I was in the Czech Republic, it was a half liter of pilsner for 50 cents. My friend Rob said, "I don't call this Czech Republic, I call this heaven!"

    Pizza in Florence, Rome and California, USA still rank high on my list. I know nowhere in Greece with great pizza. Souvlaki, yes! Thanasis in Monastiraki. Try it if you're still in Athens.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 5/21/2007 8:15 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    CaliforniaKat, you are right, as long as it is local and beer, it does not matter much.

    I did eat in Monastiraki. Not impressed by souvlaki or anything there. They are copies of Turkish dishes to me, and poorer copies :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.