Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Raining
It’s raining outside...It’s been raining almost all of the time these last few weeks. At least it’s pretty warm, but it still makes you want to sleep. Everybody in the office has a pretty sleepy look. Nobody feels like doing anything, they’d all love a day in bed, being a dizzy couch potato. We’re dragging ourselves around the building, trying to find something to do, entertaining enough not to fall asleep.

Mishu came by last night. She’s going to spend a year as an intern in a US company, if everything goes as planned. She’s a bit worried about how she’ll manage there. I know she’ll have no problem adapting to practically anything. I wonder if she’s going to come back. Not a chance, if she can stay. She thinks she’ll get back as soon as the internship is over, but I know that if she has the opportunity to stay, she’ll come visit her parents after a few years.

Almost everyone I know would do the same. Come back to what? The cool stuff about my country? Yeah, you can’t find its features anywhere…But is that really important enough to come back to? Family, maybe. But they can get used to the thought you’re better off there…In a few years, with enough money to actually do something, well, that’s probably the best option.

The English teacher we had this year lived in Canada for a while. She says a lot of Romanians don’t come back because they have debts. But that they would come back in an instant. I don’t know…Maybe she’s just trying to find reasons for her coming back after all those years.

Well, thank God for the Internet! At least we can keep track of each other, no matter where we head to…
posted by Alina @ 1:53 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 5/24/2005 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Many people go and don't go back - but there's one way to find out, and usually there is a way back! I won't be in manchester for ever - it's not home.

    It's raining It's Pouring,
    The old man is Snoring

     
  • At 5/24/2005 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am trying to figure out whether I could or could not leave all behind and start a new life in a new country. Would you actually be able to do that? like for good? I am getting a feeling of loneliness only writing about it...but I am still blaming the rainy weather and lack of entertainment...for it
    C

     
  • At 5/24/2005 5:49 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I donno. When i think about it, i'm sure i could do just fine. But i guess it could get really lonely at times...But I'd try it anyway, given a chance!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.