Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Saturday, June 11, 2005
In another lifetime
A (cyber)friend of mine, Calliani, challenged me to think of what I would want to be in an alleged next life. Well, I thought about it, and this is what conclusions I reached…I would like a to be a professional dancer and a choreographer, all this assuming of course that I would be talented enough to support myself by having an entertainer’s career..
It only takes one time on stage to get addicted to it. Once you’ve danced and then listened to the applause, no matter how young you are, that particular feeling will get stuck to the deepest side of your soul. I started taking dancing (ballet mostly) classes when I was five and it lasted until I was eleven. Six beautiful years of my life with two or three large shows masterminded by our teacher Marilena Eftimie (one of the persons I admire most, she still gives ballet classes at the moment and I guess only death will stop her, never her age).

I stopped going to the ballet classes in the fifth grade because I had no time for it anymore, but the need to be on stage once in a while still haunted me. So in high-school I started attending theatre classes at the Equinox Theatre. Only when dancing and when practicing on that small stage I felt so free, so open-minded, always thinking I could do anything…But theatre was never as close to my soul as dancing and I had the chance to prove it.

In my last year of high-school, the administration organized a party before Christmas. Every class had to create something, it didn’t matter what, as long as it was artistic and then compete against eachother. So I staged a little moment of glory for my self. I talked to colleagues of mine, three of them decided to join me, so I started. I chose the music - mixed parts from the Gladiator soundtrack and the first 10 seconds of HIM’s Join me in Death as a beginning and an end. I also chose some quotes that I had found during the years and recorded them but as our devices were nor that good, it was pretty hard to understand what that voice was saying and I don’t think anyone bothered. As it was a story of souls being trapped in an underworld setting after death, we would be dressed in black and I spent hours in front of the mirror trying to think of a black/white/silver make-up for the girls (we were three girls and a boy, the only boy in my class, actually).

After some debating we decided we would only use candle light, but as the hall for the party was larger than expected we needed more lightning. Luckily, the hall had some smaller chandeliers on each side which turned out to be very appropriate for the moment. The choreography was probably the best I ever thought of and of course we won. I actually was awarded a special creativity prize because it was the most elaborated and complicated moment of the evening. You cannot imagine how deliriously happy I was when we finished the dance! We didn’t know the results, but it went so well that we were sure we would win and we were just laughing and hugging each other and we, the girls, even cried because we had been really tensed (putting on the make up took an hour and a half and the guy was late) and then all the tension turned into happiness…
It all felt so good that I wouldn’t mind doing that for a lifetime!
posted by Alina @ 3:57 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 6/11/2005 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was cool, cause i told you for my next life i wanna be a professional dancer who earns his life by giving argentin tango lessons. So that i will never give up from the taste of joy in my life. I think you are one of those lucky people who feel correctly the miracle of dancing. Thank you for the subject. Deal is deal ;)

     
  • At 6/12/2005 2:03 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    "what would you like to be in another life time?" is such a difficult question by the way, because the answer changes every few years as our priorities and emotions change, mellow down or are re-directed.

    sometimes there is someting that you would be so happy doing but you don't know it because it simply hasn't crossed your mind yet. we just wish we would be lucky enough to stumble upon them.

    i am a dentist, and i felt it is ok , not bad, i am content. there wasn't anything that i felt i really would like to be in the next lifetime except maybe a writer (since i love reading so much).

    anyway, as it happened after i finished my masters, i got a job teaching dentistry at university. and i discovered that wow, i really love this teaching job(at the university at least, i don't know if i can handle school children) and i never even had teaching as an option in my mind before. i was just lucky to find out.

    maybe in a few years you will experience something else and say, yes this is what i want to be. so it is a difficult question to answer.

    a question that i do sometimes think about, is which era of time would i like to be living in.

    what do you think?

     
  • At 6/12/2005 11:47 PM, Blogger Yuen Li said…

    Hi! :) Just noticed a comment you left on my blog last week. Thanks for visiting, do drop by again sometime. :)

     
  • At 6/13/2005 10:12 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    "one of those lucky people who feel correctly the miracle of dancing"- Yes, Calliani, a very small group of very lucky people!

    Doshar, I still dream of being a writer in this life! I used to want to do that in highschool and I was writing a lot at that time...I stopped years ago but I still hope I'll be able to write again.

    Yuen Li, I will drop by again! You can do the very same thing if you like! :))

     
  • At 6/13/2005 1:35 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Doshar, I forgot to mention the fact that I am fine with this era. If I were able to change it, I would change it for Frank Herbert's future as described in Dune...I would very much like to be a Bene Gesserit, " a human computer" and a pre-born at the same time, born of course in the House of Atreides! Of course, addicted to spice as anyone on the planet of Dune, but then again I would have that mysterious blue eyes...:))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.