Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, June 03, 2005
I honestly don't know what this is really about...
After finishing my exams and after finally having my driving license in my pocket (Yes, I finally got the damn thing and the picture is not that bad, unlike the one on my ID card which shows a pretty sadistic slayer), I finally have time for stuff I used to do. Like reading Haal’s blog. While doing this, I had this feeling I always have when seeing a text that contains words in a language I don’t understand – a kind of frustration, anger (all directed to me), but just a bit. I hate not knowing all the languages on this planet, I hate not being able to understand everything someone says…So maybe I should dedicate more of my time to learning foreign languages and other useful things like HTML instead of wasting it!!!

I was planning on writing this very funny post on love and relationships, but I kind of fell out of the needed mood. The reason? Making plans to buy a car, second-hand, of course, I’m a student people, what would you expect? :) So I will postpone this post, the one on religion I promised to Haal a long time ago and probably several other posts I planned while walking on the streets of Bucharest or Ploiesti.

I’m in a “big plans” period, practically programming the next years of my life. Which might seem quite silly, considering the fact that everything might change radically because of a wide range of reasons. But at least this planning thing gives me the illusion of stability, of self-sufficiency and helps me keep my thoughts far from my solitude.

I do wander, why do we need a significant other that bad? I mean, at certain times, friends and family should really be enough! I took all the exams, I took my driving license, the fee for my first year at the second faculty was taken care of, I started learning new things and I love it, I have a pretty nice job, still have time to read, still have time to see my friends and still there’s something (someone, actually) missing from the picture. And I hate that! I know it’s probably normal, but it makes me feel weak. Someone to love and to love me back after some time together would be ok, but why do I have to want it that bad? Look where it got me the last time: compromises after compromises, pain, suffering, a complete alteration of my personality…

I’m not depressed or anything. I’m actually really enjoying myself! It’s weird how I can think of very good and very bad things at the same time…
posted by Alina @ 4:02 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 6/04/2005 10:06 AM, Blogger haal said…

    Hey Kayla,
    Sorry to have contributed to your frustration. Well, they are arabic words. A very hard hard hard language. But I promise I would write a post to translate the words for you. They are common words (religion related terms actually) but I think it will be useful for you to at least know them because they are used very often. What do you think?

    Enjoy your Driving Id. Go rent a car for 1 day, pass by all your friends, take a drive in the fields and come back. Got have some fun. How many times will you have a new driving Id. Only once :)

    Enjoy!

     
  • At 6/06/2005 9:40 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hi, Haal, thanx for stopping by! The frustration is mainly because of my lazyness, nothing else! I guessed the language and I know it's not that hard! A classmate of mine actually studied it in her last year and that continued to study it at the University and eventually got a one year scholarship in Jordan. And besides, if I could learn Latin at a certain point, nothing is impossible! :)
    The idea with the car rental is very good actually! The only problem is that I've never driven in Bucharest and I wouldn't want to end up in a tree on my first time! :))

     
  • At 6/06/2005 2:15 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yes, C, I realize that! I'm planning to go skying in the Alpes. Wanna join? (don't worry about money now, we have six months for it :)))
    Welcome back, Owzy! I'm really looking forward to hearing all the details of your Barcelona trip!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.