Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005
I'm an HTML rookie
I spent the day playing with HTML. I use the word playing because it sounds a lot better than learning – more fun in it I guess. It is actually easier than I thought. Then again, I’m just getting started! Yet I haven’t spent more than four hours trying to learn something without complaining about it in a very long time. The fact that it’s my choice, not something I have to do, plays an important part in this.

Now that I have a new brain activity stimulating toy, let’s talk about fun stuff. Yesterday I forgot to mention one of my weekend’s highlights. So here’s the story:

There’s a new TV channel broadcasting in Romania called Senso. What I have heard about is isn’t quite good, but anyway, it seems this channel loves me! Exactly when my boredom reached sky-high limits and I was trying to keep myself entertained by changing channels every thirty seconds (normally, I hate zapping) I ended up watching Senso.

It wouldn’t have lasted for more then 30 seconds if my very well trained eyes wouldn’t have spotted someone dancing around on an unfamiliar stage. Yes, it was Ovidiu Matei Iancu, shining ballet star of the Bucharest National Opera! But this time he was performing in a contemporary ballet at the Odeon Theatre in Bucharest. The choreography had him showing off his full talent, unlike Swan Lake which focused on the prima ballerina mainly. And he even did a salsa dance for a couple of minutes! Yes, he is also a pretty good Latino dancer, or lover, have your pick!

I still regret not calling Mishu (I thought she was taking a nap) to tell her to watch the ballet. If my regrets weren’t enough, she made sure I’d feel bad about it anyway!

Going back to things I do at the moment, I’ve started reading a book written by one of my teachers (If this year I only saw him at the exam, at least I started reading his book). It’s called “Partially colored” and it’s a lot better than I expected. I’ll give you all the details when I finish reading it, promise!
posted by Alina @ 3:47 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 5/31/2005 7:15 PM, Blogger solo flite said…

    Hey! Thanks for droppin by! Hope you master the art of HTML soon ;)

     
  • At 6/01/2005 9:53 AM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    Hey Kayla, you're a teacher's dream, really! You pass all the exams, you don't make noise during courses (on the contrary, you fall asleep :-) )and... you're learning HTML!

    I have noticed the small scripts in your blog. Keep it up! I want to see if you can change the blog's template!

     
  • At 6/01/2005 1:55 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thanks, solo flite, will try!

    George, I think a student that is never in class (well, only this year) can hardly be a teacher's dream! And I still think passing all the exams has a lot to do with a rare type of luck! But at least you didn't ask me to warn you when driving in Bucharest, so I think that's a good sign! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.