Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Sunday, September 11, 2005
Clubbing night
Last night we went to a club called Planters. It was my first time there (actually the number of clubs I know is quite limited, so that K makes fun of me all the time as he has been here for such a short while compared to me and the knows all the hot spots) and I was very curious about how it looked like.

As it was a Saturday night, it was so crowded that you couldn’t drop a needle on the floor. One of K’s friends (we met two friends of his there) said it wasn’t a good idea to come there on a Saturday night. I replied it was a bad idea to go to any club on a Saturday night, as they are all really crowded.

So, the club…A lot of wooden furniture (I have no idea how they keep fires away), lots of smoke and movie-like spotlights (these actually were my favorite feature of the club), lots of girls, lots of guys, some call-girls as well. As always and as anywhere, the girls were dancing while the guys were watching (unless they were not hunting, trying to impress their friends girlfriend or other activities like these).

I also noticed this forty-something couple. She was dancing the whole time, he was not getting into the mood at first, but then they both had a great time. And I was thinking if I and my significant other in my mid-forties were going to have as much fun. Then I got distracted by this group of very young, sexy girls staying pretty close to us. One of them was observing me and K dance so I started observing them. This group of much older guys joined them, they were Italian, and they started dancing with them. Then part of the newly formed couples left together. I was thinking, come on, so much suddenly discovered true love??? Or are they paid to do this? If so, why would they? They all looked gorgeous and pretty smart…I chose tho believe I was not getting it right.

Later on I completely gave up observing others as I kept dancing with K for hours. I realized I was quite lucky to have him share my passion for dancing, for not being one of those girls with boyfriends that only dance when they’re alone or drunk or when trying to mark their territory.

Last night I always had my first Budwiser. Actually, I had asked K to get me a Carlsberg, but as they didn’t have, I got the Bud. When he told me what he had gotten me, I could hardly wait to try the famous brand that had inspired so funny commercials. It is quite good, but I really cannot understand the fuss, it didn’t become my favorite at that instant. I’ll probably stick to probably the best beer in the world! Yet I am sure this will be of no use to the producing company, as I don’t drink beer that much…
posted by Alina @ 12:27 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 9/11/2005 4:55 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    seems you had fun playing detective last night, haha! nice!

    discothèque - one of places i don't frequent anymore. well, probably has something to do with my age too hehe, can no longer stand the smell of the cigarette, it gives me nausea.

    ;)

     
  • At 9/12/2005 6:55 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yeah, Boks, I know what you mean about the smoke! That's why a prefer bigger and less crowded places.

    Irina, going dancing is a passion we share...And as long as Romanian clubs will be like that, I really cannot do anything about it, just ignore it and enjoy the dancing,like I did on Saturday night.

     
  • At 9/12/2005 3:09 PM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    Planters was the club where I saw, for the first time, a couple having sex in public (on a couch on the first floor). It was for free, a lot of people watched them, but then we were bored (same old sex positions and noises) and we left.

     
  • At 9/13/2005 5:47 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Wow! That is something you don't see often! So if the positions were complicated and the sounds different, people would have stayed? Anyway, I can bet there were some that kept watching anyway...And if the couch is so much comfortable, why bother to hide in the toilet or other tight place? Taking things to extremes, some people never tell this apart from being totally out of place.

     
  • At 3/22/2008 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alina,

    Planters and Downtown, both situated on Strada Mendeleev are a known meeting point for hookers, Pimps and Sleazy Italians.

    That being said, the music in both clubs (Probably better in Downtown) along with the good looking people makes it an interesting and enjoyable place for a night out with friends.

    Try 'Downtown' the next time for even better dancers and sleazier Italians.

    Keep up the great blogging

     
  • At 3/23/2008 8:25 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, Anonymous, I pretty much know that! Yet they are not the only ones. At least there was no live sex here. I haven't been in Planters for a long time, nor other club for that matter. Used to choose Cotton Club as it is less crowded, but after a night when it was all empty I gave up on it :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.