Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, December 08, 2005
Long awaited adventure

Every year the Bucharest City Hall has a mission: Christmas and New Year’s light decorations better than last year. This year, the lights were plugged in on December 1st, Romania’s National Day. As last week I had this terrible cold and the first three days of this week have been totally hectic and awful, it was only today that I have finally got my walk to see them.

I met Cris to get some reading material for the final exam and to catch up, as we hadn’t seen each other in a while. We also ran into another Uni colleague and I also had the surprise to bump into an ex high-school colleagues. She looked great, was happy to see me and filled me in on last weekend’s meeting with high-school colleagues (I was in Bucharest at the time, working) and she said there would definitely be a next time.

So I got to see the show, got some clumsy pictures of it :), see more of them here, and then got back in time to post this and go on with my license paper! Enjoy
posted by Alina @ 10:17 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12/10/2005 6:17 AM, Blogger LouLou said…

    Kayla,

    Romania's National Day is only a day before UAE. This year the lights & fireworks were a bit toned down because they are still unofficially in mourning for the former ruler(Sheikh Zayed) who was very popular. But usually they are spectacular.

    Quite a few Romanians here btw but I haven't heard of any special National Day celebrations. Some communities have cultural exhibitions & events or parties on their National Day - which are fun to go to if they're open to the public. The Russians do that. And the Indians. You should tell your embassy to get a move on.:)

    Anyway glad you're over your cold & getting things done again.

     
  • At 12/11/2005 7:36 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    I don't know exactly how to contact the emabassy there, but I'll try to find some form of contact. I know there are quite a lot of Romanians in UAE, but well, having a community is harder than just staying there, pretending you are the only one. :D

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.