Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Monday, August 21, 2006
Please be so kind to skip your breakfast!
Breakfast, one of main meals of the day. Some even say it is the most important for a healthy like and generally good days, of peace with your stomach and body. Restaurants treat it with wide offeres of omlettes, fried eggs, sadwiches, salads and other hot or cold dishes.

Sunday morning, K and I woke up and decided to have breakfast out. So we got dressed and at about ten we were on our way to Herastrau lake, to eat at one of the restaurants there. We chose one and sat at a table. Note that it was 20 minutes to 11 by now. They apologized and said they were closed. I could not really believe it. We found a different one and set down. Ten minutes later we were ordering. And the waiter told us the kitchen only opens at 11, and that is the time they will start cooking our food (two omlettes, some feta cheese and olives, very difficult indeed).

So, for the Romanian restaurants, breakfast is actually a kind of brunch. And you can turn it into lunch, even better! And I have this issue...why would you open the restaurant if you have no cook??? Separate it into bar and restaurant and keep one closed, agreed, but do not offer the menus with food in them and then say you actually can't bring any before 11.

Whose fault is it? Managers probabaly, who keep the restaurants opened late at night and do not want to pay enough people to actually have it open at breakfast also.

Tag: Restaurants, Romania
posted by Alina @ 7:21 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 8/21/2006 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What could I say?

    Romania is my country?

    Or maybe, please be so kind to look for your McBreakfast.

     
  • At 8/21/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Sim, so the only valid sollution is to move to meals exclusively powered by fast food chains? I refuse that! For another two years that is, when the only options will be fast food for life or learn to cook :D

     
  • At 8/21/2006 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No, that was ironic. That annoys me also in Romania, but well.. breakfast at home and lunch in town.

     
  • At 8/21/2006 5:32 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yup, that is the thing to do for now, unless you want to eat on an agry stomach which is worse than fast food :D

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.