Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Outings and More Outings

I remember times long ago (about three years ago) with a wide smile on my face. I was younger and used to go to a club, sleep for two-three hours, then go to work with the first bus, at 5 a.m. I was enjoying such outings with the crazy girls I was living with quite often.

So in my madness, I thought I still had it in me. Therefore, when A said something about going to a club on Monday evening, I thought that was the perfect plan for me. After serious doubts such as “Why go out when I can sleep instead?” I finally ended up in Club A. Club A pretty much copies the Ogilvy mentality I’d been hearing about: if you get a good idea ever, grab on to it and keep using and overusing it! It was pretty much the same atmosphere and music I remembered from my first year in Bucharest. And indeed it works, as the club was pretty crowded on a Monday night.

Why in the world would someone go to a club on Mondays (one of A’s many hobbies, as I found out)? I did ask the question and the reply was pretty relevant: “I used to have a reason once, which I really do not remember now. But I keep going”. To such invincible reasons, who could say no?

So I went, not exactly my type of music, but I did forgive them for two Depeche Mode songs and a few others close to my heart like “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Doors”. Did I mention they played quite a few songs I used to wake up to as a kid, as my dad loved them so much he listened to them every morning? You do tend to feel younger when there are songs from before you became an idea.

Consequences of my Monday party? Well I could not wake up to go to school the next day and stoned myself with coffee at work. As usual, when tired, the day at work was pretty much awful. So, to celebrate such a day and feel better, I met Cris and Baty after work for a “healthy” dinner in McDonald’s and lots of laughter.

Conclusions we reached when we caught our breath, in laughter breaks:

1. If you work too much and don’t take care of yourself AND actually get successful, you will also turn into a whale.
2. If someone tells you that you cannot eat what you have just ordered, don’t force yourself to eat it all just to spite them.
3. Employees swear only when bosses do their job. If no one is swearing, then the boss should get worried.

As you can see, the conversation topics have no real connection, but it was fun catching up and just relaxing.

posted by Alina @ 10:34 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11/08/2006 11:42 PM, Blogger Cristina Banu said…

    It was a very funny encounter indeed and the conclusions would seem even more reasonable after a few beers :)

     
  • At 11/09/2006 6:22 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Yeah, we laughed our hearts out, even without the beer which I am not allowed to dring ;)

     
  • At 11/09/2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let me get this right... you were clubbing on Monday (November the 6th) night?
    Cris told me that you weren't feeling all that well...

    Anyway, you could've dropped by at the BitDefender party, even if just to say hi :(

     
  • At 11/09/2006 11:41 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Alex, already replied to that on YMS :D

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.