Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, November 09, 2006
Shopping Anyone?
Do you have 1.5 million dollars and have no idea what to do with it? Well then you could buy this floating bed!

More details on the floating system and photo from here:

Your eyes do not deceive you: that sleek slab levitating in midair is in fact a bed, and it is floating unsupported--though lightly tethered at its four corners--16 in. above the floor. The hovering bed is the daydream of a Dutch designer who says he was inspired by the monolith in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. Its secret is a matching set of repelling magnets, built into the bed and the floor below, that's powerful enough to support almost 2,000 lbs. The magnetic fields are supposed to be perfectly safe for sleepers, but you're advised to take off your earrings before vacuuming underneath.

I do like comfy beds. But I have a feeling they will not report excessive sales too soon! If you had the money, would you choose to spend it on this? I know I wouldn't.

Tags: Inventions, Shopping, Luxury, Beds
posted by Alina @ 1:52 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 11/09/2006 2:44 PM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    Yes, I would buy. And dont ask the reason ;-)

     
  • At 11/09/2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Of course I will! You made me curious with that don't ask!

     
  • At 11/09/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger Curly said…

    If I had the money, and a house big enough to put it it, yes I would buy it! How good would that be?!

    But what happens when there's a power-cut? I'm assuming it's electric?

     
  • At 11/09/2006 4:16 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Curly, I don't know this little detail. But if it is, and the power-cut happens at 2 am when you're in dream-dream land, that would actually hurt a lot :P

     
  • At 11/09/2006 6:16 PM, Blogger ALL ABOUT YOU said…

    Lol...

     
  • At 11/09/2006 6:18 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Quite

     
  • At 11/09/2006 8:22 PM, Blogger Cristina Banu said…

    It's says that magnets are implemented in the floor and bed thus no electricity is involved. So Curly don't worry about that. I would buy this gadget-bed if I wouldn't have anything better to do with my money.

     
  • At 11/09/2006 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i wouldn't... if i had that money now... but i would if I had so much money that that sum was just a little little part of it...

     
  • At 11/10/2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Cris, true, I should read more carefully next time. I stopped at the price I guess :P I still would not buy it, I'd choose to spend all that money in Burj Al Arab or something...

    Ingeras87, dunno, still would consider it a waste. I'd wait for a few more years and buy it at 25% of the original price :D

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.