Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Friday, March 30, 2007
School Days Meme
Tag kindly passed on to me by Om Luji.

1. Did you use to be a good student at school?

Yes, I did. I was always among the best in my class, or the best during the years when I needed to prove something. For example, in high-school, I was the first in my class, as I felt that needed proving. I had been taken from a mostly-boys class to an all-girls class and that was a big shock for me. I did not care about outfits or gossip or boys that much! I was mostly reading, taking Karate lessons and stuff like that. The next two years, I kept a low profile (second in my class) and in the last year I was first again just to prove I still could. Olga, the girl I allowed to be first, well, she was getting to comfy and to proud and acted like she was better than me. Yes, I am extremely competitive and challenges do motivate me.

2. What were your most loved and most hated subjects?

I loved them all, but when faced with a teacher I hated, it all changed. Let’s take Latin for example. In the 8th grade I was an average student, just because I stopped trying. My teacher favored boys. Being a boy granted you higher grades. In the first year of high-school however (that is 9th grade), I fell in love with my Latin teacher. She was simply great and amazing. That led to a lot of Latin contests, national and international.

3. When young, what did you want to become?

A writer. Write novels and be famous. My colleagues were all reading my “works”. I used to write them on paper, you know, with a pen and all, so the pages were randomly spread around our classroom. I also managed to finish one of my novels, the rest were abandoned. My Romanian Literature teacher reviewed it. She thought it was good and I should try to get it published. I…I thought differently. I did not seem good enough anymore. I still have not given up this dream.

As usual, I tag anyone inspired by this meme.

Labels: ,

posted by Alina @ 10:37 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 3/30/2007 2:11 PM, Blogger Beatrice said…

    Well, let me think...

    1. A good student.... hell no, I was so mediocre, makes me wanna go back in time and just hug myself. Okay maybe, in college I was one of the best, but I knew that deep inside I just don't run at my full capacity. My reasons, of being less competitive, let's say I was too weak in front of lots of emotional stuff I delt with at that time.

    2. Well let's start with the least pleasant, Maths the most hated one, just because the teacher made me feel stupid the first times and I never recovered during her teaching, hahaha. The most loved one, oh literature, where I was the best, heheh, and foreign languages.

    3.An actor, definetely, to express all the things dwelling inside me. But then as you, Alina, I dremt about becoming a writer but unlike you, I was hardly writting anything. I kept on reciting my own "works" out loud and imagining stories, I was too scared to let them loose on a peice of paper.
    One day, my father punished me as one of his mates told him he saw me talking to myself on the streets, that idiot, little he knew I am babbling my own novel, hahahaha.

     
  • At 3/30/2007 2:31 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Trisi, maybe we should do something together. We brainstorm first, then we write it down. What do ya say? :P

     
  • At 3/31/2007 12:39 AM, Blogger Ryan said…

    1. It varied a lot. From best in 1st grade, to mediocre in 12th grade (but with result at competitions, so that's got to count for something, doesn't it?). In college, same story. Among the first in my first semester, now failing to pass all my exams (but I work now, so that's got to count for something, doesn't it?)

    2. Most hated? It varied: Art (aka "Desen", because I stink at it), Geography (because of the teacher), Philosophy (again because of the teacher), Math (because it became very hard). Most loved? Programming and English.

    3. Neurosurgeon. I even started studying anatomy young (7th grade). But as I discovered more and more the wonderful world of IT, that dream kind of faded away and I followed a new path.

     
  • At 3/31/2007 1:51 PM, Blogger Beatrice said…

    You go girl, I'm in. :)

     
  • At 4/02/2007 10:30 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hehe, Ryan, I also hated Drawing. Mostly because it's unfair to grade students on a talent they may or may not have. Same as music, where you had to sing.

     
  • At 4/02/2007 10:30 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    B, it's a plan ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.