Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Saturday, September 24, 2005
Home is where you feel like it

Today in the car, talking to K. He said something like “Whenever I get close my house, this street especially, I suddenly start to feel better, no matter how hard my day was. It’s because I know I’ll enjoy the comfort of my home in about 5 minutes”. I must say I envied him for a moment. I have never had a place to really call home for more than a few months since I came to Bucharest… Only places that kept changing, or places where I spent most of my time but couldn’t officially call them home…It sometimes made me feel misplaced, true, and it could get pretty depressing. But it also taught me to feel at home easier, considering other factors – people mostly, not places.

Another thing, I am just discovering the wonders of being with someone and being seen by others as part of their life. I started by enjoying a perfect relationship (perfect here means something just as I dreamt of) and now I see others referring to us as a couple and it’s a known fact and nobody is hiding. It’s official for almost all parties involved.

It’s K’s birthday today. And he actually liked what I got him, although I was pretty sure he wouldn’t (I don’t know why, I am really stressed when buying presents to people that matter the most to me). My only regret is that it’s raining and I am pretty sure he had hoped for some sun on this day. But you cannot have it all!

Going back to rain, it’s sixth day in a row. And it keeps coming. Floods and lots of damage everywhere. And I have to wonder, weren’t the first floods enough? How much can this country take? We’re not that good at handling crisis situations, but we surely aren’t going to learn how to if these situations occur every two months! This land and its people really need a break. So, God, what do You think about it, can it be arranged?
posted by Alina @ 7:42 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At 9/24/2005 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's not only thata the people need a break how you say or that "Hell is on us" like George said. It is about the thing those people are poor, very poor and all that they have are their house and a cow, some chickens and maybe a horse.

    For example my grandmother is living in Albesti, ialomita County. Ialomita river is not far away from their house. I've talket with her on the phone and she told me that probably they will do what they did in the '70s when there were floods. they took their animals and they movet on the hill, in a small village where they have another house, a small one. But who has a second house on a hill? In Barbulesti for example are no hills at all.

    So God please have a beeter view on us.

     
  • At 9/25/2005 12:37 AM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    It's strange how you mixed up in the same post the floods and the feeling of home.

    Anyway, I'm from Buzau and my grandmother is living in a village next to the E85 road which is now crowded because of the detours in the region. So she has a different problem: she can't sleep very well, because every noise made by big tricks seems like the water coming. It's like a constant nightmare.

    As for the house, this is the 9th or 10th place I'm living in now. Romanians make a big case from having their own house but it'n not that bad to rent if you have enough money. Because life is short, it will soon end, but the mortgages survive.

     
  • At 9/25/2005 2:18 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    That's my point, Cristian! Life is hard for these people as it is, they don't need floods to make it harder.

    Well, George, maybe it is strange. I was thinking about this home feeling (I have changed about 10 places myself, although I have been here for 4 and a half years only) and then it struck me that others face a real threat, they might be forced to just move and start over with nothing. That's the only connection.

     
  • At 9/25/2005 2:42 PM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    You're right and that's why we shouldn't buy furniture or we should buy only smal things. Renting an apartment in Romanea is random, contracts are bogus, prices very high and landpersons behave with their tenants like masters with slaves.

     
  • At 9/25/2005 4:10 PM, Blogger loloma said…

    Happy birthday to K.! :)

     
  • At 9/25/2005 5:33 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    a belated happy birthday to k, kayla! hope you both enjoyed the day despite the steady rain!

    passe une très bonne semaine!

    ;)

     
  • At 9/25/2005 8:17 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Actually, George, I know one perfect landlady! I don't know how K found her, but she is the dream of any tenant! :) But you are right about buying small things, or just things you really need...Or maybe we should just stop being so attached to things! They come, they go, we can buy them all over again, it's not like health or happiness, it's in the end material.

    Hi, Loloma, thank you!

    Thank you, Boks, we actually did enjoy, although it was still raining a bit and the city was really crowded. Une semaine merveilleuse a toi aussi! :)

     
  • At 9/26/2005 5:48 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Well, the rain actually stopped for a while. But it's said it will start again...I hope they're wrong this time.

     
  • At 9/26/2005 11:56 AM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    Happy Birtday to K.

     
  • At 9/26/2005 8:54 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thanks, Shi!

     
  • At 9/29/2005 12:18 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hello, Therisa. Well, the floods here are not such a hot topic for the media there...But they are a hot topic for our own media. I feel really at home walking and spending time in cafes around my home town. It somehow feels a lot safer there.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.