Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Thursday, September 29, 2005
Add-on to my list of favorite beverages
Up until recently I hardly ever drank RedBull. Why? Because I was convinced it really couldn’t help me stay awake. Yet these past weeks (and especially since I started the night shifts) I have been indulging myself with one RedBull every now and then. Do I think it helps? Maybe…Why do I actually drink it? Well, there are more options: the great commercials (not even close), the placebo effect I hope for and the fact that I am desperate after two days with not that much sleep as people are moving in my dorm (one of the pros), the fact that K seems to like it so much (most surely!).

As I said, getting some sleep hasn’t been an easy task, especially with drilling machines in the next room…But tonight, on my way to work, I was suddenly waken up. No, it wasn’t the large coffee I had before leaving, it was the taxi drive to the office. As one of my colleagues called a cab to take him home, my driver thought he should take him, so a 12-15 minutes ride turned into an about 7 minutes one! Well, the adrenaline had a powerful effect. As I was saying earlier to a friend, when you see death right in your face every 5 seconds, you kind of stop feeling sleepy!

Anyway, the happening had its good effect: this shift seemed really short. And now I am back to my posting habit, one hour and something before my shift ends.

Another issue on my mind is my dorm’s internet connection. I hope it will happen soon as I need it just as I need air. I am supposed to do a lot of research, most of it online. So, it is kind of official, my final paper will be on blogs…The angle? Oh, I have no idea about that yet, but I have to have it really clear in my mind by October15-20. I am pretty excited about it and maybe this will be a good enough reason to actually work on it! :)

Other good things related to night shifts: I discovered some really tasty snacks and a really nice smelling Vietnamese soup! My colleague Sabina showed me the way.
posted by Alina @ 5:43 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 9/29/2005 8:42 PM, Blogger tota said…

    Hmmmmmmmmmmm i like Soup very much ,all its kinds .. Tomato Specially :)

    so tell us the ingredients & recipe :)

    here is an odd kind of soup ,,, for me i never tried it

    http://www.cooksillustrated.com/article.asp?articleid=512&bdc=6144

    so it's not my fault if it was sooooo much tasty ;)

     
  • At 9/29/2005 9:08 PM, Blogger Bart Treuren said…

    excellent my dear, the Red Bull always helps me when I need to drive long distances, it keeps me sharp and paying attention, much better than Cola any day...

    I'm interested though in your blog theme... i hope you'll keep us posted on that one, it's a topic that interests us all... perhaps Shirazi has some tips for you too...

    keep well :D

     
  • At 9/29/2005 11:12 PM, Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said…

    We all want to see your paper once you have completed it!

     
  • At 9/29/2005 11:52 PM, Blogger Bokbok said…

    excuse the ignorance, but what is RedBull? Err.. Bokbok doesn't seem to be reeeaally updated, eh?

    ^-^

     
  • At 9/30/2005 12:23 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Tota, I love soup! But not to cook it! If it needs more than just some hot water poured over that chemical stuffs, I give up :)

    Bart, it is not a victory over Cola! I will never give my precious up! :) I will keep you posted and probably try to get you all involved :)

    DCS, then you should start praying for tis completion! :)

    RedBull? Energy drink supposed to help you stay awake. See more here:http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB54-en--Troubleshooting-BitDefender-v8-registration-errors.html :))

     
  • At 9/30/2005 5:04 AM, Blogger loloma said…

    Strange, these days I only seem to meet people who don't get enough sleep! One of my friends was just complaining about the same thing.

    Haven't tried RedBull yet, but if I remember well, a friend from Hungary said it was illegal there!? Or was it just my imagination...

    Anyway, they have so many kinds of energy drinks over here that with or without RedBull, I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.

     
  • At 9/30/2005 5:35 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Maybe it's something in the air...Well, anyway, I only have one more of these shifts to go, so I guess I'll be fine quite soon.

    RedBull illegal? Why would that be?

     
  • At 9/30/2005 4:10 PM, Blogger Digital Writing said…

    Yes, in some countries Redbull cannot be sold, as it is a chemical energy drug. In Romania everything that's illegal in other parts of the world goes fine.

     
  • At 9/30/2005 9:10 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thankx for the info, George, I really had no idea! Anyway, at least we don't have other drugs made legal, yet!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.