Catch Speedy NOW! Advanced Hosting Solution for Bloggers

Be the first to read my latest entries on the New WOBM Blog!!!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Why I Love Cell Phones
I own two cell phones. I am addicted to them. I feel awful without them and hate it when I have no signal. A broken or stolen cell is always a tragedy for me. And it's been like that for years.

I got my first cell phone for my 18th birthday, from my father. It looked like a toy really, perfect for me. I've had it for about 2 years and a half and it then was stolen in a bus. I cried for days because of that.

Weird one might say. But it is not. It is not the cell itself, it is what it brought me. The possibility of people calling me exactly at the right time. My 18th birthday was the first time in 11 years when my dad actually called on my birthday, not before nor after, in that very day. And it so continued to happen on every birthday, name's day or other holidays.

Today he called me at about 7 am. He said he wanted to be first. I lied and said he was. Trisi was actually first, as she caught me little after midnight. I was still walking impatiently around the house until my mom called. She was sad she could not wake up at 7, to call me at the exact time of my birth. She was crying, happy tears, but still.

I simply love birthdays. Everyone calls, sends text messages and well, the sun is brighter (although it is cloudy outside), the music sounds better and everything is all cheery as the world revolves around you.

Update
One of the sweetest wishes, from Ryan:
Happy birthday, sister lady. May your life be like your weekends and your adventures like your Cherry Mocha.
posted by Alina @ 11:06 AM  
14 Comments:
  • At 4/03/2007 11:46 AM, Blogger Silviana said…

    Happy birthday, Alina! and a very happy year :) with:
    - plenty of moments with your friends and all your loved ones
    - reasons to celebrate every day
    - and lots of opportunities to travel, of course :D

     
  • At 4/03/2007 11:48 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Silvi, thank you. Subtle and sweet as always :)

     
  • At 4/03/2007 12:11 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    Phones are evil, I say, evil. I got my first one as a Christmas present 3 years ago, and before I knew it, it became part of me. I now own three and spend at least 3 hours a day absorbing a good enough amount of radiation. But then again, if it weren't for phones (and Internet), I'd be out of touch with a lot of my friends, not to mention loved ones (although I so enjoy from time to time the "old" ways, by means of hand written letters, although deciphering my handwriting is like a punishment for the receiver).

    But anywayz, Happy Birthday! once again, with lots of what and who you love. :*

     
  • At 4/03/2007 12:15 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Ryan, I agree they are evil. I still love them though. Thank you again :)I won't say you're sweet, so that I don't affect your image :D

     
  • At 4/03/2007 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, as I understand, it's your birthday, so Happy Birthday!

    As for the cell phones, I barely use mine. I'll probably have a longer story on the subject in my blog :D

     
  • At 4/03/2007 3:01 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Thank you Radu. Looking forward to see the post you mentioned.

     
  • At 4/03/2007 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (ir)rational thing to ask: Can I have your phone number? :P

     
  • At 4/03/2007 5:41 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I need an email address first.

     
  • At 4/03/2007 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tonight the all the shiny stars will gaze up on you as it is YOUR day. Happy Birthday, once again sweetie, may ALL your dreams come true! Have the best party ever, and "Cheers" with a glass of wine from far away.


    Hugs and kisses,
    Trisi

     
  • At 4/03/2007 8:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Alina, Happy Birthday! Hope you've had a good one... :)

     
  • At 4/03/2007 8:11 PM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    Happy Birthday! may this year brings you more of all the things you like: Travel,good times with those you love, cultural experiences and nice things to photograph.

    I am obessesed with mobile phones. I would like to have one and be happy with it, instead of getting bored with it after a month.

     
  • At 4/03/2007 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 4/04/2007 10:51 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Trisi, thank you! It was a great party and yes, in your honor, I started with a Martini :)

    Andy, thanks so much. I did have loads of fun.

    Safiya, thank you! I do hope for everything you said :)
    I don't really get bored with phones. I only change them when I have to.

    Thank you, NetBoy, for the wishes and for the post.

     
  • At 5/14/2007 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Alina!A little late though, so please excuse!Your post brought back the memories of losing my own dear mobile phone;I cried like a baby.So I can empathize with you!Your views on birthdays are wonderful. You will find every detail that you need on birthdays in the blogs that I write!Cheers!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alina
Home: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
About Me: "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". It's also where I feel free and my preferred means of expression.
See my complete profile
ADS
On this blog, I accept sponsored reviews. Expect one such entry every now and then.I am picky about them, but you can contact me for the details.

Previous Post
My Reviews
Recent Readers
Blogroll and Other Links
Blogroll&Hall of Fame
Archives
People Coming and Going
Powered by

BLOGGER

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.